Landing craft

The_Pharoah

It would be great to have moving landing craft that reflect actual invasion forces in MP - is this doable? also are moving vehicles, battles, etc possible in MP? Every server i've been on only has static vehicles.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

+1

Essentially a good starting point is to improve the current amphibious vessels so that they are actually amphibious with their respective effects, animations, performance and water dynamics etc and then have the ability for these vehicles to actually act as APCs (which I think is WIP).

We already have the Tarawa and quite a few amphibious vehicles such as BRDM-2, MT-LB, MT-LBu, BTR-80, 2S9, AAV-7, LAV-25 (limited), TPz Fuchs (limited) we just need to have the improvements to make them amphibious (at the moment they just wade I believe) - but this will require new vehicle dynamics.

If we add ships like the Project 775M Ropucha II class, have it's loading doors animated, with it's vehicle bay modelled then that would be perfect, but to have it functional will probably also require new ship dynamics too.

There are plenty of other vessels, but these will require landing craft first to go with them, the Russians it seems primarily use amphibious vehicles (a lot of which are in DCS right now), obviously correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Actually vehicles can make amphibious landings, by CA and via editor, when can put someones on sea on 2.5.

TEG3PPoakoY

The actual LSTs has not implemented the front ramps animations (maked on modelviewer), and not deploy troops. ED has working on vehicle transport capability, but not date to them. That capability has not implemented on CA actually.

Other ships on progress has a LCVP Higgins from WW2 unit pack. Not bad if ED add more landing crafts and RAZBAM to your LHA-1

• Like 1

Actually vehicles can make amphibious landings, by CA and via editor, when can put someones on sea on 2.5...

Oh so amphibious vehicles are actually amphibious, they're just missing proper water mechanics, effects and animations etc?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Oh so amphibious vehicles are actually amphibious, they're just missing proper water mechanics, effects and animations etc?

Not implement actually, and unknown if water mechanics, effects and animations can be improve on a future. That require a 3D remodelling for old vehicles, and add the proper animations and devices for water transit (automatic or manual deploy by CA player). Other point to fix has the max velocity on sea, meanwhile the AI maintain the velocity on the water, a CA player can get a "flank speed" and move similarly a max speed road movement.

Water effects to enter and exit on sea, waters, etc, need implement into the engine, similarity to the ship trails (that require some rework).

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Not implement actually, and unknown if water mechanics, effects and animations can be improve on a future. That require a 3D remodelling for old vehicles, and add the proper animations and devices for water transit (automatic or manual deploy by CA player). Other point to fix has the max velocity on sea, meanwhile the AI maintain the velocity on the water, a CA player can get a "flank speed" and move similarly a max speed road movement.

Water effects to enter and exit on sea, waters, etc, need implement into the engine, similarity to the ship trails (that require some rework).

I see, so what we have is a quasi-amphibious work around solution? Better than nothing though and it's a step in the right direction.

I know that getting amphibious operations to a high fidelity state will require extensive work, graphically and engine wise.

System: