Canards still moving after engine shutdown - bug?

rrohde

After shutting down the engines and turning off electricity, the canards still move around as if affected by the AOA sensors. Considering that this requires hydraulics, is this a bug?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Also one thing I noticed: When you are flying 800-1000km/h (depending on payload) at some point canards move significantly up, behaving like you trimmed the aircraft elevators nose up. Then you go put the throttle back and when you slow down they come back. It seems there is a speed threshold for canards for high speeds. I am not sure if this is made intentionally or is it a bug?

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Also one thing I noticed: When you are flying 800-1000km/h (depending on payload) at some point canards move significantly up, behaving like you trimmed the aircraft elevators nose up. Then you go put the throttle back and when you slow down they come back. It seems there is a speed threshold for canards for high speeds. I am not sure if this is made intentionally or is it a bug?

I suppose this is not a bug. It is a logic law of the FBW system in order to simulate an airspeed-stable handling for the pilot. As the speed increases, the FBW automatically add a small amount of pitch-up input, and vice versa.

Refer to page 112 of the DCS Su-27 Flight Manual for details.

After shutting down the engines and turning off electricity, the canards still move around as if affected by the AOA sensors. Considering that this requires hydraulics, is this a bug?

Have you considered the fact that the hydraulic accumulators will remain pressurised for a considerable time after shut down. Hydraulic systems aren't just on or off.

^ Might be. One can observe this in MiG-21 and Mi-8 modules for example. The question is whether the gradual loss of hydro pressure is modelled in FC3-level planes.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.