New Polish Helo!

Kusch

Call me blind but I fail to see the huge dimensions and fire power of this helicopter. It's much smaller than the Mi-8 if it comes to troops carriage, nothing special about the armament as well. It's the new cockpit avionics and FADEC engines that's interesting about it. Still no proved ATGM capability. Other than that it's just an upgraded version of the W-3WA Sokol.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

New Sokol has Multi-function display (MFD) based cockpit, engines with Full Authority Digital Electronics Control (FADEC), Head-up display (HUD), forward looking infrared (FLIR) imager, new defense systems (IR countermeasure and Chaff/Flare dispenser), all new electronic system are integrated around new Mission Computer, air conditioning and composite armor for pilots cabin, new weapons: 12,7mm WKM-B machinegun in moving turret (instead of fixed 23mm canon, new Sokol can still carry 23mm gunpods on a hardpoints), new unguided rockets pods with 70mm rockets (compatible with Hydras), new ATGMs, new main rotor.

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

Wow guys i seen this helo fly low over the base, im stationed right now in Iraq ( Taqqadum) air base! Im not lying ive seen it i could not recognize it until looked into this thread :) :) :) Awsome thanks for the pics!

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...