Moving Missions

Tinkickef

Apologies if it's well known info, but I have been unable to find a mention of it anywhere.

I have quite a few missions on 2.2 inc. a map of NTTR where I have populated a lot of airbases and terrain with ground objects like additional structures, aircraft, trucks ect with the intention of building missions on it via save as, and save myself the trouble of repopulating each mission.

Is there anyway of transferring the mission files from 2.2 to 2.5?

I have tried moving the saved mission folders and individual missions across by copy / paste and nothing, 2.5 does not recognise it.

If not, I will not bother building my NTTR map any further.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I would think one way would be to open the mission in 2.5 ME (via the Browse menu...), then "Save As..." to the new location of your choosing.

If nothing else, that would allow DCS to do any updates it requires to your templates...

Hi Tin...There should be no issues with opening older .miz files in 2.5, even in the case of Caucasus missions where the entire map has changed.

Anything in saved games/dcs.openbeta/missions should appear in the "My Missions" tab. I'd recommend creating Caucasus/Nevada/Normandy subfolders for yourself to keep things organized.

Copying should most definitely work straight away, it's not like NTTR map changed at all (apart from new gfx glitches). I've just checked one of my old 2.0.5 ones, worked in 2.5 no problem even wthout re-saving it in editor.

Did you use some additional ground structures/object mods and templates in your 2.2 (like 104th targets mod for example)?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.