Need help with bad freezes in MP

I know that this is beta and that there are going to be problems. We've all accepted that fact. But part of the reason I'm posting this is that I had the exact same problem occur in 2.2 with Nevada. So I want to know if this is a memory leak issue related to the new DCS World of if it could be caused by a flaw in my system. So I'm not questioning ED's progress on their DCS World builds.

I want to know if this is hardware or software related. Everything works fine in single player with the exception of a few bad freezes I had in the initial release of 2.5, but as soon as I get in MP I get bad freezes. Some can last up to a minute. I've read some posts that say it's net code related and some that are saying that it could be graphic or memory related. I'm kind of getting to the point where I really don't want to do 2.5 MP scenarios for awhile until this issue is resolved.

You'll see from the end of the track file where we're turning on the bandits and as soon as I get in visual range I freeze. It happens again after I try to reacquire another bandit. Ignore the end because I was getting to the end of my patience and flew into the SAM's intentionally.

Most of the freezing I've been experiencing has been since 2.2 Nevada. I never had problems like this in 1.5, ever. I've tried repairs, cleanups, full reinstall or rebuilding the saved games folder. It doesn't matter if I'm running no mods or if I'm running just the couple lua and RWR changes for the A-10. Either way, I get these freezes. I don't get it very much in the A-10C, mostly in other air frames like the F-5.

PS: I want someone from ED or one of their troubleshooters or someone that is expert in diagnosing this kind of problem and not someone from the community that "thinks" they have an idea of what might be causing this. I'm respectfully requesting that if you don't "know" what the problem is then please just don't reply to the post with your opinion. It will just clutter up the thread with unnecessary information.

I have to link to the file because of size restrictions.

http://www.VirtualArmedForces.com/downloads/Nalchik Attack Caucasus-20180324.trk

I've attached the ACMI file. If you go to 35:56 and 37:40 and zoom in on my F-5 aircraft you'll see that Tacview shows the point where I lose communication with the server. I had to remove the .acmi from the file to upload it but I'm pretty sure you can just add that back on the end to bring it up in Tacview.

1. I want to know if this is just 2.5 current build problem.

2. I have an SSD drive that I can install if it will cure this problem but I want to know for a fact that it will.

3. I have the latest drivers installed.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's a known issue with some SAMs and freezes could be related

Thanks for the link Mustang and there are SAM's in the mission but you can see in the Tacview file that we're not near them and they're not firing until I fly right into one. If you look at the times I posted for the Tacview file you can clearly see that I lose positional communication with the host at those times. Both of us are on very good internet connections. He's on 250 MB fiber optic and I have 80 MB download. And the same thing happens if I'm on the server in my office. I've hosted Nevada missions on my office server and had up to 1 minute freezes. So unless it's a problem with just having SAM's present in the mission then I don't think that's causing the issue. But I want someone from ED to weigh in on this and give some explanation for why this keeps happening.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi 75th-VFS-Striker

thanks for the PM's

can I ask what antivirus / security and firewalls you are using?

Is DCS allowed on them all?

when you get the freeze I would like to see your dcs.log and if possible do you notice anything in windows event viewer?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The only anti-virus I'm using is Window Defender. My firewall stuff is set to minimum. I'll try adding DCS to my Windows Defender exclusion and see what happens. I'm surprised that no one mentioned that to me until now. Are DCS.exe and Run.exe in the bin folder enough to do the job?

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
The only anti-virus I'm using is Window Defender. My firewall stuff is set to minimum. I'll try adding DCS to my Windows Defender exclusion and see what happens. I'm surprised that no one mentioned that to me until now. Are DCS.exe and Run.exe in the bin folder enough to do the job?

Yes it should do it.

However I add the whole folder on my machine as well, just so windows defender does not scan it if I am flying.

It is probably not related but something to to check, hopefully the next set of updates will help the users who are seeing these issues.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Have you had a look at my crash advice below in my signature?

Basically a cleanup and repair and a fresh DCS.Openbeta folder to rule out any rogue settings

• ED Team

rgr

If you can attach your dcs.log next time it happens, also might be worth having a look at your dxdiag just so we can cover all bases.

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"

2. click "run"

3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"

4. check through the tabs and perform all tests

5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

6. attach this text file

• ED Team

Thanks for the dxdiag, I don't see anything unusual in it, sound driver is a little old, if there is a newer driver it may be worth updating.

The sound card drivers are the latest for that card. It's kind of old but it works fine. Creative hasn't released any new ones for that series of card since 2016. We've been experimenting using the Windows Task Scheduler to flush the memory every 15 minutes. I'm also using a shortcut to flush the memory on my system. It seems to help most of the time but I had a freeze last night that caused me to crash into the ground. can't do a track file because it's too big but here's the log file. I took a quick scan through it and it looks like DCS might be overloading the CPU at some points in the mission. Am I reading that correctly?

dcs.log-20180329.zip

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Thanks for the log

If you are looking at the tacview info in the log it will have you believe dcs is taking 95% but this is just what is available for DCS as far as I understand it.

do not worry the team are looking into it, and thanks for the log