A Question About Countermeasures

Firebreak

I have made a few missions with the AI F/A18C, (non-flyable) and I noticed in the arming section for the hornet, it shows only 30 chaff, and 15 flares. Is this really all the F/A-18C carries?

" I Know You Understand What You Think I Said...But I Am Not Sure You Realize... That What You Heard....Is Probably.... Not What I Meant. ":pilotfly:

I have made a few missions with the AI F/A18C, (non-flyable) and I noticed in the arming section for the hornet, it shows only 30 chaff, and 15 flares. Is this really all the F/A-18C carries?

That is probably an earlier version of the Hornet that can carry a maximum of 60 CM.

The F/A-18C Hornet we're getting can carry double that, 120 CM.

Edited by Silvern

That is probably an earlier version of the Hornet that can carry a maximum of 60 CM.

The F/A-18C Hornet we're getting can carry double that, 120 CM.

Well that is welcome news! Actually 45 CM is what I can load in the mission editor, default 30/15. That wouldn't last long if you got jumped by a couple of Mig-29s.:cry:

" I Know You Understand What You Think I Said...But I Am Not Sure You Realize... That What You Heard....Is Probably.... Not What I Meant. ":pilotfly:

I dont know if this is a legit way of doing it, but go into the mission editor or encyclopedia, and look at the rear of the engine intakes on the F18, notice the 4 countermeasures boxes, similar to the F15.

It appears to be the same, so I would assume 120 C/F in a mix of some sort.

Could be wrong, and also Wags mentioned something about next gen CMs, which appear on the CM MFD page in one of the update pictures

attachment.php?attachmentid=176272&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1516124709

'You may also notice the O1 and O2 counts, these are for GEN-X expendables' - Wags, Hornet update 16/01/18

Now I am confused. Exterior shots of the DCS F/A-18C Lot 20 Hornet clearly show 4 CM boxes which allows for 120 CM.

BUT. The cockpit shots show 30 Chaff and 14 Flare which would mean that DCS F/A-18C has 2 CM boxes for a maximum of 60 CM.

What is going on? :huh:

Screen_180110_230203_00016.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=180697&d=1520784667

Now I am confused. Exterior shots of the DCS F/A-18C Lot 20 Hornet clearly show 4 CM boxes which allows for 120 CM.

BUT. The cockpit shots show 30 Chaff and 14 Flare which would mean that DCS F/A-18C has 2 CM boxes for a maximum of 60 CM.

Could be WIP or maybe he just hasn't loaded more countermeasures than that or used some on the mission?

Isn't this the default? If you park and shutdown on the tarmac you can reload and choose a higher number of flares and chaff.... That's what you can do with the F-15.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

• ED Team

It's simple. Currently available quantity is shown on this page, so, it doesn't tell us anything about maximum loadable quantity.