Vehicles can get stuck inside a tree...

D4n

drive T-80U fast into a tree, tank will get stuck in it... (even autopilot cant get it out...)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 4 years later...

The Tanks get stuck  in shrubs trees and other places .🐞 IT STOPS THE TANK FROM EVER MOVING AGAIN.   🕷️ why not just KILL it off if it's gonna do that. 🐞 Save us the GRIEF of trying to untrap the poor Tank. 🐛

Drive a Tank for quite a distance only to have it hit a tree/ shrub and get stuck there FOREVER???

this BUG is 👎

ruins the game play for sure                     🐞   🕷️🐛

please ,please send a fix in soon ....   🥺

Hi Flappie , well I am releasing  CHOP-U  2.5  in a week and it will definitely have the Tanks running .  The file size is around 30 megabytes . Tracks cannot  even be created due to the lua code inside of the mission. The only way to check it out is to get a copy and download it from DCS.   I should mention that the Tank Battle that I have written (at Shiraz) has landmines on the roads and in the minefield near enemy section of the town & bombers that come attack when enemy groups start to get killed off.   But the tanks have ALWAYS gotten stuck inside of building that AI drove them into .   in bushes, trees and on top of  those piles placed inside the cities.  AND THEY NEVER MOVE after that. Sometimes the AI can free them , othertimes , they NEVER have been able to move .   So you drive the tank around for 10 or 15 minutes or so just have it get stuck way in enemy turf NEVER to MOVE again.   This picture is from my current game where that has just happened (once again )

Screen_221024_034752.png

Edited by Lineaxe

Hi Flappie , it is 4  vehicles  that have been getting stuck  , the M1 Abrams and the Bradley and the 2 Trucks get stuck in all of those places.  The town is Shiraz  . Oh and I just went into my mission file and got all the images (24) converted to  8 bit Indexed using Gimp .  That reduced the overall file size of Chop-U to almost half its size , only 17 Mb now .   Switched the Su bombers to a 30 and a 33 to see how well they bomb 🙂

Cheers , and thanks for looking into this , once this problem goes away the tank battles can get pretty funky ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...