Kind of OT: DirectX10

if you are using Vista, you can kiss your hardware audio acceleration goodbye; Microsoft ditched hardware audio support to reduce the frequency of fatal system errors caused by audio drivers/codecs.

Look for Creative's 'ALchemy' project, based on OpenAL. The goal is to emulate hardware support through software.

How does one uninstall dx10 or such and install an earlier version of dx? I really need my 3d sound accelleration...

Just had a thought. Ditch Vista till the first SP then see if we can get everything working. Just joking. Well keep trying but Vista sure is a pain right now.Sorry had to put something in this thread. See my pics and let me know what you would like to try next. I will hang with you till you want to give up or we get it working which ever comes first. I am retired so my time is yours.

Im not shelling out another 300 bucks for a 1200 dollar laptop. I have dx9c compatible with winvista.

if you are using Vista, you can kiss your hardware audio acceleration goodbye; Microsoft ditched hardware audio support to reduce the frequency of fatal system errors caused by audio drivers/codecs.

Beg to differ but that sounds like horse shit. I will, however, look for that solution shortly.

Oh...and on another note...does anyone here have Americas Army 2.8?? I cant download that huge freakin' file on wi-fi...and the recruiter down must be out of touch with his quartermaster cuz all they had was 2.3.0.

I don't think that you can actually use DX10 in many applications anyway....

And from what I understand it's not backwards compatible... You get DX10 with the Premium upgrade I guess, but its like about 250.00 USD from the online shops..

So I wounder if anyone has actually tried this out yet... It would be interesting to hear what the final verdict is..

Personally I'm not ready to try this out either....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Oh...and on another note...does anyone here have Americas Army 2.8?? I cant download that huge freakin' file on wi-fi...and the recruiter down must be out of touch with his quartermaster cuz all they had was 2.3.0.

well if u cant download it due to its size, you can go to seemeplayme

http://www.seemeplayme.com/americasarmy/

and they will send u out a hard copy of AA for just paying S/H ..might be a good way..either that or just go to a friends house and DL and burn..

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

All Vista-versions include DX10, and yes, they have changed the old Audio-codec system. Directsound doesn't exist in DX10 (there might be emulation), and it is replaced by the OpenAL-system instead. Which plays merry havok with 3D-sound in games, even games that have this built-in.

I've done some preliminary testing in Red Orchestra which even has support for OpenAL, but I have yet to get the RealTek Azalia-chipset that I have to give me quadrophonic sound without activating a room-effect for it. If I do that, the sound sounds like cardboard. You can, as far as I know, install DirectX9c on Vista as well, but I SEVERELY doubt that will do you any good at all, since even with DX9, Vista does not support EAX/Directsound.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

It doesnt matter much, swich the game to another CPU aside from the one doing the software emulation. Thats what they are for. ;)

Who said 4 cores are useless? ;) :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hitman, I *think* it's called a reformat. :D Not completely sure though....

---------------------

FX 55 Sandy@ 3.03 GHz

Tuniq Tower 120

DFI Lanparty CFX 3200-DR/G

(2X) X1950XTX Crossfire@ 695 core

2048 OCZ PC 3200 Platinum (2-3-2-5)

Antec TP3 650

Samsung 19" LCD (8ms)

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Track IR 4

CH Pro Pedals

:pilotfly:

=\

Just like any other application associated with windows, it can be installed and uninstalled "without" reformatting the hard drive. If I were to reformat the hard drive I WOULD have to shell out another 300 bucks on a laptop that Ive allready spent 1200 bucks on.

Hitman my friend, I would check the web for that answer to be honest. It is not an easy task and you could screw some things up. Do a web browse and see what some of the techie pros say on DX. Too me that would be the safe route, I would not want to see you screw up your system. Your friend.

lol @ google oracle

That torrent of americas army brings back memories of last night...when I found out my cousins computer caught a super virus that pretty much wiped out her hard drive. I have the security log on it, but if you peeps have children playing PacSun...thats where she got it.

Ill have to get the security log off of her, its on my usb drive but this virus killed her dvd writer and her floppy drive. It showed a white dot on the upper right hand side of the monitor on the desktop and manifested it by cloaking everywhere and in every single system32 file, dll, and app. I gotta go there today and unscrew that bs sometime today. I seen a format coming a long way from today but...

Ill post the security log as a downloadable text file sometime today.

I kept looking and Realtek came out with some new software for vista. Ill beta test these later on today and post results soon.

That virus log is on my computer now I just dont know where to upload it so some of you might be able to take a look-see at it. Its quite vicious containing over 16k characters.