Difference in FPS

Hey there,

I've been suffering low fps of 20-30 in Normandy map, and 30-40 in Nevada.

My settings are high to medium, and I red the posts of using nVidia settings.

My screen is s 42" TV with 1080 resolution. Can it be that a 42 inch is somehow more demanding fps wise or pixel wise?

when I play I see GPU at 97%-99%, CPU at 45%-65%.

specs: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.7Ghz, GTX 980ti, 16GB RAM @ 2133 Ghz

I keep hearing of players with my specs or somewhat the same enjoying a flawless experience. I can't keep playing like this :-\

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

G.Skill 64GB RAM @3200Mhz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Conductonaut thermal liquid metal

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR

Leap Motion

Does AMD run XMP Profiles for memory?? I would try and see if you can get that setup.. The Size of the screen matters not only the resolution..

Can you post a screenshot of your NvCP and DCS Options menu

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

screenshots as asked

yes, thank you for helping me out on this one:

2018-05-12.thumb.png.a5a47af218c185ed4137f15a50986818.png

1798898290_2018-05-12(3).thumb.png.87e4fe11330d95c9180b0637f25962a0.png

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Leap Motion

Anti-aliasing at x8 is really high, I recommend putting it to x2, also you're running anti-aliasing both in DCS World (MSAA) and via the Nvidia control panel, disable DCS MSAA and just go with FXAA from Nvidia panel, you should see a boost in performance, visually there's little difference between heatblur low and high, so you could set that to low, depth of field will impact performance too.

Edited by ouPhrontis
Corrected myself re: depth of field, it's not applied when within the pit afaik.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

changing settings didnt work

I've tried changing the settings yiu suggested to the letter, but unfortunately it didnt work. no matter if it is low settings, high settings, AA via nVCP or not, the frames persist at a sluggish 12-28. sometimes I see an instant drop to 1 fps for a whole second. it seems to be an issue with multiple npc aircraft. I get to normandy through fast mission planner.

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Leap Motion

interesting Caucasus performance

in the Caucasus map in the easy ground attack mission, with all settings maxed in the dcs options and nvidia control panel - I got just now no less than a steady 60 fps!! can it be an optimization issue??

previously I always got in this mission only 20-30 fps and in explosions and other action packed scenes it would drop to 5-7 fps. so strange...

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Leap Motion

Having AA set in both DCS and NvCP seems odd to me, but if it works it works, cranking those up has always harmed FPS in my experience, let alone setting it twice, if indeed they do both run and one not override the other.

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Your running quite high settings for this rig tbh. Try low terrain textures, it makes little difference apart from vram. Also 100% turn off msaa, that's whats hurting your performance surely. Turn off depth of field too, with those all off you should see a lot more frames? Also try using fast vsync in NVidia panel. Set the power mode to optimal performance, not optimal power. Try all that and come back to us. With those settings I'm getting over 100fps in single player, even with 8gp ram ;)

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Also regarding physical screen/monitor size, there will be no performance difference in frames per second across an array of differently sized screens, if the pixel resolution is constant from one to the next, i.e. if you had a 22 inch screen running 1080p and then switched to a 52 inch screen still running 1080p; the graphics card will still have the same workload/pixel-count and the FPS will be no different.

1.) Remove any mods

2.) Run Repair

3.) Go to "C":\Users"Name"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta and delete the folders fxo and metashaders.

Restart game and launch mission. game will rebuild those folders and hopefully fix the problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Your settings are way to high. That rez is a odd one, double check it. Make sure your HD has plenty of space. Do all the usual things, turning off back ground progs, latest drivers, blow out computer of dust, don't get carried away with overclocking but be mid range etc...

On the settings screen hit the default LOW and test. I run a dedicated sim rig and avg 120+ on all maps/aircraft but add AI and or weather and forget it.

Turn traffic low, msaa 2, preload all the way right "full", smoke,trees,clutter try 1/2.

If it is running smooth and you can maintain 30 thats good. I would take a butter smooth 30 over a 100+ but jerky and crashing any day.

I'll try it

Your running quite high settings for this rig tbh. Try low terrain textures, it makes little difference apart from vram. Also 100% turn off msaa, that's whats hurting your performance surely. Turn off depth of field too, with those all off you should see a lot more frames? Also try using fast vsync in NVidia panel. Set the power mode to optimal performance, not optimal power. Try all that and come back to us. With those settings I'm getting over 100fps in single player, even with 8gp ram ;)

thank you m8 :-)

I'll try it asap and come back with answers to you. Let's hope to run it better

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Leap Motion

1.) Remove any mods

2.) Run Repair

3.) Go to "C":\Users"Name"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta and delete the folders fxo and metashaders.

Restart game and launch mission. game will rebuild those folders and hopefully fix the problem.

thanks, I'll do it today and come back with more info to you

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Leap Motion