Head movement caused by the catapult launch & arrested landing

Kevinhun

As title says, I am asking the developers kindly. Have you ever thought about implementing camera shake by the aggressive nature of the forces during these maneuvers. On GoPro launch and recovery footages the shakes and bumps on the aviators head and body are very remarkable. As I watched the last stunning Case 1 landing video by Matt I feel this would add a lot of immersion. I might try to add some youtube sources below, however there are dozens out there, it is not necessary.

Thank you!

Some youtubers who have done pre-release videos, have that effect enabled. Its enabled in the options. The last video I saw from a ytuber, he didn't have it enabled and the launch was calm without shaking. It is implemented.

Am I special?

Not quite as extreme; but having flown many winch launches at 0-50 knots in ~3-4 seconds, I welcome this feature, though humans are pretty good at stabilizing their heads, it was more of being pressed back.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Not quite as extreme; but having flown many winch launches at 0-50 knots in ~3-4 seconds, I welcome this feature, though humans are pretty good at stabilizing their heads, it was more of being pressed back.

Glider?

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

The pilots heads do seem bobble when launched. At least for the first initial release from the hold back. It might be their whole body bouncing but all you can really see is the helmet from down below on the flight deck. I distinctly remember this because the first time i saw it i had a little laugh.

Glider?

Yes, so not quite the punchy acceleration to get a fast jet off a carrier, but more of a steady onset.

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

• 2 weeks later...

Just to revisit this after having done some carrier launches, despite not having VR etc; I really feel they nailed it. Spot on, folks!