WX not working?

I don't seem to be able to add WX effects to my missions...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Me either, even the default settings, e.g heavy rain doesn't seem to work?

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I see no reply so bumping this thread.

That may not be a mission editor issue but a game engine issue. Mods please move the thread if this is confirmed.

For me, the winds and somewhat the rain are correctly depicted when flying a mission.

However changing the clouds height or density will not. I will see the correct cloud altitude displayed on the briefing (alt B) but the visual representation in game will always be moderate number of clouds at 3000m...

Feedbacks?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I see no reply so bumping this thread.

That may not be a mission editor issue but a game engine issue. Mods please move the thread if this is confirmed.

For me, the winds and somewhat the rain are correctly depicted when flying a mission.

However changing the clouds height or density will not. I will see the correct cloud altitude displayed on the briefing (alt B) but the visual representation in game will always be moderate number of clouds at 3000m...

Feedbacks?

As of today I can change cloud density and have it change in the sim (2.5 Beta). Density values 1-8 have a hard deck of 2000 m and the minimum cloud altitude slider begins counting from there. So a cloud minimum of 300 meters sets the coud base to roughly 2300 m for those cloud values. The cloud height (thickness) remains roughly 2000 m regardless of what is set on that particular slider.

Density values 9 & 10, in terms of cloud minimum altitude, work as advertised. Setting a cloud minimum of 300 m sets the cloud base at roughly 300 meters. So, together with fog, you can be in the soup right down to the deck. There seems to be little difference between the density of the 9 & 10 settings. 9 seems to be slightly less solid than 10 but solid just the same. I haven't noticed any breaks which makes the difference between 8 & 9 profound rather than part of a continuum.

I mentioned that the WX are at a small area. If I do a flighttraining to improve my ability to sage fuel, the clouds are in a area of something like 30 to 30 miles square. Do I anything wrong?

No, you're not going anything wrong. I'm getting a cloud surround rectangle that's roughly 70x100 km. Perhaps the intent is to have it surround you (the focal point) and expand ahead of you and contract behind you. If that's the intent, it's clearly not working because you fly out of it. As an aside, if you jump your view to an airfield, for instance, the cloud field is built around that focal point.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.