scenery file v1.2 Beta

666th_birdy

Yes, you can add and remove (change)any object you want but you do need a special tool for that. This tools is made/owned by SwingKid and it converts *.scn file to an editable txt file and lets you compile it back into a *.scn file again.

Note that if you want to make a scenery with changes you've made, it will take your PC some 13 hours to calculate and compile a new high-scenery file.

making changes can be quite time consuming aswell (especially for a newbie) so if you could tell be what changes you are thinking about, maybe I can do it for you.

However it's not a good idea to have many different sceneries around because missions made by player1 might have targets in it that aren't present (or moved) at player2

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Birdy - okay, see the point you are making. Better left to you guys and I understand that.

I have been researching aerial photographs/maps of the airfields for a while now to see if I could make them look more realistic but appreciate that exercise is restricted by the objects we have available. The perfect scenario would be a complete mission builder with access to all objects.

God that would be a huge undertaking !!!!

How do I get hold of SwingKids conversion tool, I would like to try it out and see what else I can learn, play around with one field just for my own benefit etc.

The perfect scenario would be a complete mission builder with access to all objects.

God that would be a huge undertaking !!!!

How do I get hold of SwingKids conversion tool, I would like to try it out and see what else I can learn, play around with one field just for my own benefit etc.

1: A tutorial on how to add 100+ objects to the drop-down list in the mission editor can be found here:http://home.planet.nl/~monfro/666th/lockon/editor-mod.htm

2: Just give him a PM

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Note that if you want to make a scenery with changes you've made, it will take your PC some 13 hours to calculate and compile a new high-scenery file.

Woot!

Well it's relocating trees and bulidings! Not an easy task!

I remember during my service in Croatian army in Divulje AB our XO made entire platoon reallocate a hangar from point A to point B.

They performed poor in sharpshooting so they had to push that hangar around for a few hours. :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Woot!

Well it's relocating trees and bulidings! Not an easy task!

. :megalol:

Just sent me an screenshot and note any changes you'd like in that shot.

Hey Birdy!

On one of your screenies at the very beginning of this thread I saw you placed some stuff on the apron. Does this cause any trouble with planes joining into a mission at exactly this point??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Hey Birdy!

On one of your screenies at the very beginning of this thread I saw you placed some stuff on the apron. Does this cause any trouble with planes joining into a mission at exactly this point??

I was wondering when someone came with that question.

NO, this part of the apron is not a take-off or landing slot.

There are more airbases that have partly unused aprons. I will probably use some of them to place Tomcatz 'big' hangars on.

Great! Was just thinking about large missions... Then I'll give it a try. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I just noticed that Nuclear plant NNW from Merzifon!

I don't remember was it there in High Scenery v1.1 but it looks very "alive".

Birdy, I tought of making populated areas in Merzifon vicinity, that might compensate flat terrain. Adding more buildings and cars would be great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That Nuclear plant was there all along :)

The problem with populating the Merzifon area is that the surface is dull green and the buildings kinda look out of place. The lack of roads isn't helping either.

I don't want to concentrate on Merzifon to much right now since this area might be re-worked in BS.

But if you have any concrete suggestions, I'm happy to look into it. You could just sent me a mission with statics placed on area's you wanna have copied to the Merzifon region.

I don't want to concentrate on Merzifon to much right now since this area might be re-worked in BS.

Indeed, modelling the terrain elevation in the southern part of the map would be awesome! I just read this: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=24425

and I must say I'm really looking forward to BS release date.

Guess I'm sick and tired of the way things are in LOFC, I mean, I flew there a lot so current map is familiar as picking my pockets.

As of your suggestion of adding a static objects where I wanna have 'em I must say I'll see into it.

I also got an idea after looking at your radar taxiway at Maykop AB and that highway strip in Ukraine from your new Scenery file. So I though of combining the two, placing a concrete texture like that over that part of the highway. What do U think?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey birdy, (i know this is a long shot), but do you think its possible to add high high cirrus clouds into your scenery pack? The problem with this mod, is that we have to replace a ship within lock on, i was wondering if its possible for you to add it into the scenery so the clouds would always be there without the ship. It might be interesting to check out. Plus the birds posted in the other thread would be a great addition.

http://66.249.91.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php%3Ft%3D21999&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://forum.lockon.ru/forumdisplay.php%253Ff%253D24%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey birdy, (i know this is a long shot), but do you think its possible to add high high cirrus clouds into your scenery pack? The problem with this mod, is that we have to replace a ship within lock on, i was wondering if its possible for you to add it into the scenery so the clouds would always be there without the ship. It might be interesting to check out. Plus the birds posted in the other thread would be a great addition.

http://66.249.91.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php%3Ft%3D21999&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://forum.lockon.ru/forumdisplay.php%253Ff%253D24%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

As with the birds, most guys want to use these as options not as "always present".

But if you don't want the clouds to be attached to the ships, just rename the LOM files to anything you like and put that name in the structtable.sht and meinit.xml file.

Does following this procedure mean we can assign clouds as, for instance Pyotr Veliki (ship we have no more in LO but remains there since Flanker)?!

This way we can have default 3D models still available in ME.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But if you have any concrete suggestions, I'm happy to look into it.

Birdy, perhaps adding few HAS (Hardened Aircraft Shelters) to Maykop would be enough for me ATM. I use Maykop most of the time and there's no HAS at all, so...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]