Crash to Desktop when choosing "Quit"

Bought the Viggen a few days ago and almost instantly came across an issue that I can reproduce 100% of the time and that is limited to this module only.

1. Open the Mission Editor (ME) and set up a (however simple) scene with the Viggen.

2. Start the mission.

3. Hit the ESC key and select "Quit" from the menu that pops up.

4. This will take your back to the ME.

5. Start the mission once again.

6. Hit the ESC key and select "Quit" again from the pop up menu.

7. The game crashes and wants to send an error report to ED.

I've been using the Open Beta software only. Tried the exact same with all my other modules (Huey, Gazelle, Mi-8, Hornet, Harrier and Mig21bis) and none of them had any issues when doing the exact same to them.

Yes it’s an issue when unloading the Viggen or starting it again that was unfortunately missed. What happened was that I thought I discovered a memory leak and tried to recover some memory when de-spawning but that memory didn’t belong to Viggen but DCS, hence memory access violation. I fixed the code but it apparently wasn’t fast enough to make it into the update of the open beta. Sorry about that :( I think you can still use the stable version of DCS or you can restart DCS between spawns, until the next patch is released. Again, sorry about this and such a shame this is your first impression of something we worked so hard with and are so immensely proud of.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Yes it’s an issue when unloading the Viggen or starting it again that was unfortunately missed. What happened was that I thought I discovered a memory leak and tried to recover some memory when de-spawning but that memory didn’t belong to Viggen but DCS, hence memory access violation. I fixed the code but it apparently wasn’t fast enough to make it into the update of the open beta. Sorry about that :( I think you can still use the stable version of DCS or you can restart DCS between spawns, until the next patch is released. Again, sorry about this and such a shame this is your first impression of something we worked so hard with and are so immensely proud of.

Stable got updated to match the openbeta last week, so it'll be an issue for both versions until the next update comes out.

Hi...

I'm currently running the Red Flag campaign for the Viggen, and if I try to watch the track after ending a mission, it always crashes to desktop.

Might this be the same issue?

BubbaG

Hey, thank you for your kind response and no need to be sorry - I am not at all worried knowing that such a talented developer team is behind this awesome aircraft! You are aware of the issue - this is the most important, I am sure that a fix will come in due course. Until then I will exit and re-enter DCs to avoid the crashes. I just wanted to report it so that you know - but you knew already anyways. :-)

One more thing I noticed that replays are somehow bugged using the Viggen. My first ever circuit in the aircraft, and what a smooth landing it was, but the replay made me crash into the grass alongside the runway.

So from your experience, how long will it take until the finished fix is integrated into the game?

I finally want to be able to fly this wonderful bird properly ;)

Typically updates are released on Wednesday every two weeks (hence the two weeks meme). The next one should be next week.

Typically updates are released on Wednesday every two weeks (hence the two weeks meme). The next one should be next week.

I'd personally expect an update this week, last week just updated the stable with the beta from 2 weeks ago.