Mission 9 "Whiskey" trees problems with 2.5

Bigozor

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem as i do get close, that is i'm hovering over the spot co pilot wants lower which i do and just as i'm unloading, weapons being dropped i clip a tree.....

I think editing it is cheating but it could be 2.5 bug ie; trees too large (high) any other suggestion?

MSI Z370 Gaming pro carbon/ I7 8700K/ 32GB DDR4/ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X graphics card/ Windows 10/ Vive VR/ Rhino X-55 joystick & throttle/ logitec flight pedals

• 1 month later...

This issue still remains. I just skipped the mission after crashing 3 times. Watching the old 1.5 videos it seems you have to be so low you will always clip the trees.

So it is either you remove the trees with the mission editor, you skip the mission altogether or just wait till they fix it someday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Any Mission within a campaign is listed somewhere in the DCS Folder, so you get direct access to it over the ME. You may fly or skip any mission any time you want. But it will not be registered as completed by the Campaign it'self.

Always happy landings ;)

How do you skip it? I've stopped flying the Huey because of this.

You have to edit your logbook (make a backup first!) with an advanced lua editor (Notepad++ is the easiest one)

This is how I do it.

I start the mission, end mission and accept the mission as failed. That will reduce your campaign score and you will have to repeat the mission, but it is faster since the logbook strings will be already there instead of having to write them.

Open the logbook. You have to look for the huey campaign inside, then you have to go to the 9th block which will be the 9th mission (if you haven't repeated any of them) It will show "score 50" just switch the score 50 for a 100.

Then look for the 10th block, it will be a "stage 9" and a mission name with a 9 on it. Just change the 9 for a 10 in both.

There are tutorials in the forums where you can see the actual strings and blocks.

It is easy to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, actually you don't have to land. Just hover there. It can be done (see screenshot). In the beginning I also thought "wtf, don't tell me to go lower, there are trees all around"...

However, I also agree that they should adjust this.

Capture.thumb.JPG.303fc718aed303c5332d827cea5cca6b.JPG

Edited by rge75

I haven't played this on 2.5, but in my opinion, if a landing/low hover is difficult but doable it just adds some quite interesting and realistic aspects to the mission. In a combat situation it's not always possible to be picky about landing spots. Even in civilian operations it happens you get forced to land in very narrow clearings, making your forehead wett.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

After succesfully playing it two more times, I agree with you. In fact there's even plenty of space. There are only two big trees, but you fit easily in there. I uploaded a short video where you can also see the external view.

If you do an approach from East to West (even though it's not into the wind), then you should be fine. Just avoid the big trees.

Note: I think I flew away a bit too early in this attempt... simply hover until you're told to leave again.

Edited by rge75