Is this enabled yet?

fitness88

You can switch the units on the map, think it was LAlt + Z. It's either LL dec, LL dms or MGRS then. Too bad it's not possible to switch between km and nm the same way though, this is only doable by leaving the mission and changing the settings.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

You can switch the units on the map, think it was LAlt + Z. It's either LL dec, LL dms or MGRS then. Too bad it's not possible to switch between km and nm the same way though, this is only doable by leaving the mission and changing the settings.

I think what you're referring to is the info bar LAlt-Y. Yes I know about that good tool can be used inflight.

I'm talking about a totally different thing which has to do with using the DDI/HSI/data/AC, changing the UFC input format from decimal to seconds and vice versa.

Edited by fitness88

No. It just outputs DMS differently. You enter degrees, minutes and seconds, but the hornet stores the seconds as decimal minutes, so 1 minute 30 seconds is stored as 1.5 minutes.

As for OPs question, I don't think it is currently possible, but what is possible is to change the map to DMS, cheers.

No. It just outputs DMS differently. You enter degrees, minutes and seconds, but the hornet stores the seconds as decimal minutes, so 1 minute 30 seconds is stored as 1.5 minutes.

As for OPs question, I don't think it is currently possible, but what is possible is to change the map to DMS, cheers.

Is that done in the options page?

Also the GPS info on the kneeboard maps are in decimal minutes so I was wondering how to input 45.345 into the UFC in this format without having to convert? Keep in mind the GPS #'s from the kneeboard runway maps have all the threshold coordinates for setting up a course line to fly.

The F/A-18 as we all know is a wonderful work of IFR technology so I want to be able to use it without having to take off my Oculus Rift to punch #'s into my calculator for conversion purposes.

Edited by fitness88