aural warning repeat interval

bbrz

Noticed that while the 'check gear, check gear' warning correctly repeats under the correct conditions, it repeats way too often (every ~2-3sec). Interval should be 8sec.

On the other hand, the 'pull up, pull up' and 'power power' warnings only sound a single time, even if the condition doesn't change, but they should come on every 2sec.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

@ =4c=Nikola, which manual are you quoting? My F/A-18A/B/C/D says (apparently) something different.

And I don't understand what you mean with this sentence: I cannot replicate case where "gear handle is down and a gear up landing condition has been assessed

edit: just checked and a single 'check gear' warning repeated every 4sec applies to the F/A-18E/F.

Edited by bbrz

1. ″Pull Up...Pull Up″ followed two seconds later by ″Check Gear″ when the gear handle is in the UP position and a gear-up landing condition has been assessed (repeated every 4 seconds). "

2.″Check Gear″ repeated every 8 seconds when the gear handle is down and a gear up landing condition has been assessed."

Since 1 and 2 are stating the opposite, on which pages did you find the contradicting info?

Since 1 and 2 are stating the opposite, on which pages did you find the contradicting info?

They don't contradict!

1. Gear handle is UP, gear should be UP and you are too low -> Pull Up!

2. Gear handle is DOWN, gear should be down but stays UP and you are too low -> Check gear!

Condition 1 is when it seems you just fly too low without intend of landing (gear handle up).

Condition 2 is when it seems you want to land but the gear did not extend correctly (gear handle down). :smartass:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Ok, found the info. The question is which F/A-18C does DCS simulate?

The TAWS equipped version from 2008 and on, or the GPWS equipped version from 2000.

LOT 20

BLOCK 51

Build NO. 165399 thru 165408

So definitely the GPWS Version from beginning to mid 2000s.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Are you sure?

I quote manual:

I believe DCS is LOT 20.

If that's true that only GPWS is modeled, then you have system wrongly modeled :D

1. HSI>DATA>A/C page shows TAWS pushbutton.

2. On start up, you can hear "roll left... roll left" cue which available for OFP 15C. We should hear "roll out... roll out" in our DCS OFP 13C F-18

3. GPWS should provide no protection in dives greater than 50° after 2 minutes above 5,000 feet AGL. In DCS we have that protection.

4. GPWS should provide no protection in flight exceeding 120 seconds outside the valid RADALT data envelope (± 50° pitch and AOB). In DCS we have that protection.

Hm, you are right.

Seems we have an upgraded LOT 20, then.

As the Build No. should have been into Service around beginning to mid 2000s.

Sources on exact dates are pretty scarce.

I had the LOT and Block info from the NATOPS manual and a search on the www showed first Lot 20 at airshows around 2000 to 2003.

Shagrat