English Cockpit ... not working? (Solved)

Flagrum

The English cockpit is supposed to be available now since the last patch, but I can't get it to show up. I've set the Special Options to, ofc, "English", but in game it still shows the French one.

Ran a repair, but it didn't help.

Anyone got it to work?

The English cockpit is supposed to be available now since the last patch, but I can't get it to show up. I've set the Special Options to, ofc, "English", but in game it still shows the French one.

There are 2 elements needed for custom cockpits.

• Custom textures i.e. M-2000C\Liveries\M-2000C-CPT\English (contains various texture.dds and description.lua)

and a fix to

• M-2000C\Cockpit\mainpanel_init.lua

Although English Cockpit textures have been added in DCS 2.5.3.22176, mainpanel_init.lua hasn't been updated.

Anyone got it to work?

Yes, the fix to mainpanel_init.lua is relatively easy.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3631835&postcount=6

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Really weird that they stated on the monthly video that it was implemented but it clearly isn't. The only other update they've done recently does actually work for me--hud brightness.

Running most recent version of the open beta here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Sorry to stir this up after a year. Does the english cockpit option now work out of the box? Leaning toward the Mirage for my next addition. But having had experience with both the CapSim Mig21 and the PT TU-154 in FS9, I prefer not having to translate the panels.

Side note; Language aside, that TU-154 is one of the better freeware products out there. Even if it were english, some of the protocols and systems were different enough from the MacAir and Boeing I am used to be be fun to learn.

I started flying the M2000 a couple of weeks ago, discovered the English Cockpit, and it worked. Used it for a few days and decided to revert back to the French. The tutorials use the french cockpit and besides I wanted to be French.

(But it did work for me). Haven't tried it since. Note that there were some elements still in French, not everything changes, but most did.