The HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Shkval in 2.5

3WA

31 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

I hope other KA-50 aficionados may give their own thoughts to ED's approach and may consistently react to it, too (...).

Short: Forget about the Ka-50 and any other helicopter that may come.

By now it should be clear that ED really doesn't care about helicopters. We keep talking about Ka-50 updates and 7ton sling loads behaving like packaging foam, bothing has changed and nobody is going to respond. Just try sneaking one swear word into your legitimate complaint post. Someone will warn you and delete your post, but nobody is going to give you answers. Ignorance is how ED deals with these problems.

So, why should I be excited for the Mi-24 or Apache? Helicopter AI is crap, ground AI is crap, sling loading is (still) buggy ... 60$ just so I can experience all problems again from a different cockpit? The same problems ED keeps ignoring?

The cancellation of BS3 is a bad news: if some bugs were on hold for BS3 upgrade, now they are bugs related to an old module, so probably pushed back in the priority list. ED once talked about a schedule for bug fixes on old modules, but no further news until now. BS2 is not the only module affected. What about a small group of developers dedicated to old modules bug fix? Maybe one old module at the time? Can we have an answer from the devs? "We plan to do this and that" should be enough...

On 1/10/2021 at 1:58 AM, fudabidu said:

By now it should be clear that ED really doesn't care about helicopters. 

So little do they care that they are producing two new ones and making those the larger proportion of their modern output for the next 18 months to 2 years? 

Having a few older modules that are likely spaghetti coded and that most have already bought, rightly or wrongly isnt a great incentive to sort helo related stuff out. Hopefully having two premium priced modules and needing to claw back the investment on them is. Not saying it'll fix the BS but it may help push fixes for other helo related stuff and the so so low/slow flying graphics.  Or maybe not, depends how many ED reckon will buy either or both just to have them I guess.  

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

36 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

So little do they care that they are producing two new ones and making those the larger proportion of their modern output for the next 18 months to 2 years?

What about the Mi-8 cockpit lighting.
Sling loading in general.
Multiple issues with the Ka-50
The lack of proper helicopter AI which turn every single player mission into a game of chance
Just have a look around how many problems there are with DCS helicopters, how long we've been talking about them and how ED has chosen to not even reply in most cases.

What kind of improvements can we expect from the Hind and Apache release? None. It's gonna be the same issues with a shiny new cockpit. Please explain to me how much ED cares.

• ED Team
On 1/10/2021 at 1:58 AM, fudabidu said:

Short: Forget about the Ka-50 and any other helicopter that may come.

By now it should be clear that ED really doesn't care about helicopters. We keep talking about Ka-50 updates and 7ton sling loads behaving like packaging foam, bothing has changed and nobody is going to respond. Just try sneaking one swear word into your legitimate complaint post. Someone will warn you and delete your post, but nobody is going to give you answers. Ignorance is how ED deals with these problems.

So, why should I be excited for the Mi-24 or Apache? Helicopter AI is crap, ground AI is crap, sling loading is (still) buggy ... 60$ just so I can experience all problems again from a different cockpit? The same problems ED keeps ignoring?

I understand you are upset, you have an opinion and we dont share it. but we do have rules here so please remember to read them, we dont allow profanity, and if you want to discuss moderation I would suggest a PM so other posts dont get deleted for 1.3  violation. 

I have reported an issue with shadows in low light and I have passed on your feedback. Sorry if it is not enough for you, but that is all I can do at the moment. 

if you have specific issues with the SHKVAL please include the shortest track possible to show the issue in a bug report and I will be happy to look at them. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2