Pylons - Aligning Weapons

I'm trying to change the angle of weapons on some pylons, just by a very small amount so that the missile looks like it is attached to that pylon and not hanging off it at a weird angle. Nose down tail up if you get my drift.

Is there an argument that allows you to do this.

I don't have the exact info in front of me, but there is a position code you can put it to move the weapon by a certain amount in any direction. Again, I don't have it memorized, but it's something like

, Attach_point_position = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)),

Now each of those 0s are positional axis. One is forward and back, one is left and right, and one is up and down. I can't remember which is which, but you get the idea! The axis is off of the center of the pylon

Try hunting in some laus to find the above code! You can reverse engineer from there as I did. I'll repost more info when I'm at my modding PC

Hope this helps!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reading the OPs post again we both may be on the wrong track. When you say change the angle of the weapon do you mean rotating it to actually face up or down/left or right? I'm not sure of a way to don't at outside of model changes. I just know how to move it back forward and up or down if it doesn't align with the pylon right

Hello..

Like Skatezilla stated its best to use connectors

Here is how,in your 3dx max,go to your helpers tab and pick "Dummy"

you well have a box shape and each box represents the weapon pylon, you can rotate and change direction in which the weapon faces, remember to name each dummy box as your pylon # for example.

pylon1

pylon2

pylon3

pylon4 and so on.

you also need to add the code in object properties under user defined, below is a screenshot for you to get an idea,you can also scale the weapons this way.

Screenshot_6.png

Edited by cubanace

Thanks guys, I dont have 3dmax and I wondered if there was an easy way using the coding in the lua.

I know how to determine pylon positions and put weapons on them, the CLSID Codes and the

whole x y z axis thing etc.

My problem is a particular weapon, I can get it to hang under the pylon but the front hook is lower than the rear hook so it looks like it is about to fall off the pylon, nose first. I was just trying to adjust its angle to get both hooks level under the pylon.

Its cosmetic really, nothing serious.

Edit - Okay, disregard, I have worked it out, thanks for your help guys.

Edited by crazyeddie

Thanks guys, I dont have 3dmax and I wondered if there was an easy way using the coding in the lua.

I know how to determine pylon positions and put weapons on them, the CLSID Codes and the

whole x y z axis thing etc.

My problem is a particular weapon, I can get it to hang under the pylon but the front hook is lower than the rear hook so it looks like it is about to fall off the pylon, nose first. I was just trying to adjust its angle to get both hooks level under the pylon.

Its cosmetic really, nothing serious.

Edit - Okay, disregard, I have worked it out, thanks for your help guys.

Glad you got it worked out! Sorry I didn't follow your question. Out of curiosity how did you solve the issue?

Just insert this line in each pylon:

pylon(2, 1, -2.8, -0.13 , -3.550000,

{

use_full_connector_position = true,

},

{

{ CLSID = "{}" }, -- weapon name

}

),

So that last varianle actually rotates/tilts the weapon? Good to know! Thanks!

I dont think it tilts the weapon, it just 'hooks' the weapon to the pylon in the same alignment based on where the 'connectors' are on the model, I think rotation is achieved by other arguments, but I'm not sure what all those arguments are or what they do, yet !

pylon(2, 1, -2.8(X), -0.13(Y) , -3.55000(Z)

X gives you Position forward or back + or - for fwd and back

Y gives you Height above or below centre line + and - for up and down

Z gives you position away from the centre in a lateral direction + or - for right and left

The rest is still a bit of a mystery to me, if anyone has a good tutorial on that let me know.