Nope, the F-35's electronics, stealth, etc - they all draw on stuff FROM the F-22 project and are newer, I'd bet.

The F-22 will get its HMS too though, you'll see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The 35 has definitly grown on me... I'm starting to like it's looks. IT's apearance seems tough to me, I love the landing gear also. Electronicaly it's more advanced then any other aircraft, including the 22.

Althlon X2 6400+ 3.2 ghz

EVGA 8800GT SC - 512mb

X-45

MOMO pedals

Since we're into fine semantics, I didn't say "current targeting pod".

It is not clear to me whether the internal EOTS of F-35 will have higher resolution than Sniper XR.

EOTS and Sniper XR are the same pod, IIRC. And I was just busting your chops.

sigzk5.jpg

No problem. I wonder whether there will be some advanced "sensor fusion" with the radar? There was some hype about this at the start of F-22 program, but then it turned out sensor fusion was mostly integration of AESA radar and ECM/ECCM, not optronics. I remember something about "creating high level of SA by presenting to the pilot combined data from radar and optical sensors". Would this be a possibility in F-35? It was talked about much concerning Typhoon, with Pirate sensor "assisting radar" etc., but till now Pirate is nowhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mig-35 already has this sensor fusion, but I doubt the version, the Mig-35, which is export oriented, has better 'sensor fusion' than the F-35. The F-22 program needs hyping, because of it's gross cost overruns, LM needs to justify its existence to the militart, congress and the masses. Same thing is already happening with the F-35, which is already double of its projected unit cost, but at least it offers some really advanced technologies (besides stealth and LPI radar tech, like on the F-22). The F-35 has a bright future, the F-22 however is limited because it was not designed to be multi-role in the first place. But who knows how the F-22 will evolve, maybe one day there will be an F-15E successor based on the F-22.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

The F-22, like the F-14, and F-15, is basically this era's 'Superplane'. Purpose designed, expensive fighter - it does one thing, and it does it -really bloody well-. The problem is that this is not understood.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda