Training Instructor just goes AWOL

knightal

Trying to do the a10C start up tutorial and the instructor simply stops left me hanging after I was asked to set the IFFC switch to TEST. The yellow square still around the switch.

Not the first time this has happened either, sometimes at different point of the tutorial, and in different tutorials same shit.

This is a real pain in the Ass. Not like you can hit the back button or anything O no you have to start all over. I'd just like to get this beast started up and off the ground.

I'm completely new to this so if there is something I'm doing incorrectly can some one please shine a light.

I have recently switched to the Thrustmaster Warthog after have a good run with the Thrustmaster T-Flight controller and FC3

:pilotfly:

Edited by knightal

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here Knightal. Iv'e recently returned to DCS after a 3 year break. :( This used to happen way back then. Since my return recently, it's still happening now and then. The only way i found to get him to return was to retrace my steps over the last few button presses or toggling switches. It's as though the program hasn't recognised your last actions. sometimes works, sometimes not :joystick: it can be very frustrating !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same problem here Knightal. Iv'e recently returned to DCS after a 3 year break. :( This used to happen way back then. Since my return recently, it's still happening now and then. The only way i found to get him to return was to retrace my steps over the last few button presses or toggling switches. It's as though the program hasn't recognised your last actions. sometimes works, sometimes not :joystick: it can be very frustrating !

Yeah that's a good point. When it happens I usually look for a close by air field and practice my landings. :smartass:

Left Shift + Space. Why, I don't know. Discovered it by accident.

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

Knightal,

What I find helps a lot is not just quickly clicking the button or switch, but holding down the mouse button for a short while. I other words, "long click" the button or switch you want instead of just quick-clicking like you'd do in the sim normally.

It seems to make the virtual instructor recognize what you're doing better :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I've also notice that it's better to wait until he is done talking before you click the button he wants you to click. Might be a timing issue but it works for me.

Yeah I also figured that out after a few times of getting ahead of things. :)