Spitfire and P51 Issues

FAB Maverick

Spitfire

1- Canopy reflections remains even if you open it

2- Front glass is very "green". If you lift that "aim glass" it gets worse.

3- On refuelling, if you ask to reduce the fuel amount, it remains forever and just stops if you ask again and change the amount.

4- if you take a shot and "explode" one tire, the wheel keeps "floating in the air as if the tire still there.

P51

1- Not refuelling the central tank neither the external tanks. if you select 100% fuel it will stop in 68%.

2- The total amount of gun ammo is very low. It's worse than spitfire and it carries much more!!

3- Radiator door opened is not seen by other players.

General

Planes with damaged landing gears are seen by others players as without gears. "Seems to be floating in the air"

2- The total amount of gun ammo is very low. It's worse than spitfire and it carries much more!!

This is kind of a confusing statement. You're saying it's low, but then immediately after say it carries much more. Do you mean the time of firing?

The Spitfire's .303s, with 350 rounds per, at 1150RPM will take 18.27 seconds of continuous firing before running dry, and this is represented in DCS fairly accurately. After 18 seconds, the left inboard will run dry, followed by the left outboard, then right inboard, then the right outboard roughly one second behind, I'm assuming to simulate natural variance. The Hispanos should have 60 round belts for each, and at 700RPM it will take them 5.14 seconds to run dry. In DCS, this seems to be a scoche longer, but its within the ballpark and I like to think it's just mechanics being mechanics, and have a slight variation.

The Mustang has 270 rounds for the outboards and middle, at 800RPM, so it should finish right at 20.25 seconds. And it does in DCS, right on the money. The two inboards have 500 rounds, and at 800RPM (actually the left fires at 803RPM, and right at 797RPM) should run dry at roughly 37.5 seconds, which they do.

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

hello Magic!

Was a comparative between them. I tried to say that the mustang seems to be carrying less ammo than spit, and, in fact, it (mustang) carries much more. In previous version, 2.5.3; it was carrying much much more ammo than now. I could easily shoot down 3 or 4 planes before the ammo finishes, now, 2 planes are too much... keeping the same precision. Could be an error in previous version, like, carrying more ammo than the real version, but now, it's notable that the total amount of ammo changed.

Edited by =FAB= Maverick

• 1 year later...

Impossible to get above 18,000ft Mustang HELP

I have read all there is on this subject ...and all the setting are correct in the aircraft and yet i still cant get above 18,000 ft ....It just slows down to below 90 mph and eventually stalls

I have tried 2700 rpm and 46 manifold pressure and auto boost cuts in and then then cuts out ...So I try manual boost still no good ...... Tried 3000 rpm and max manifold ...No good

Is there a bug on 2.5 ?

HELP

Are you sure you don't have your mixture lever set to Emergency Rich instead of Run? Sounds like it. Also, I don't understand what you mean by "auto / manual boost", as there is no feature called that way on the Mustang.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Technically, it's a two-stage, two-speed supercharger - there is no turbo on Mustang, but I know what you meant. The supercharger switch on the instrument panel is rather intended for emergency situations and in normal circumstances pilot doesn't need to bother with it, leaving it on auto. Auto regulator switches between blower gears between 13 and 19k ft, depending on weather.

So, the mixture is OK. Do you use "game flight mode" in your DCS? That one is known for causing various shenanigans and should be avoided in my opinion.

Also, saving a replay track and posting it here as an attachment to your message would help a lot in troubleshooting your problem.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Technically, it's a two-stage, two-speed supercharger - there is no turbo on Mustang, but I know what you meant. The supercharger switch on the instrument panel is rather intended for emergency situations and in normal circumstances pilot doesn't need to bother with it, leaving it on auto. Auto regulator switches between blower gears between 13 and 19k ft, depending on weather.

So, the mixture is OK. Do you use "game flight mode" in your DCS? That one is known for causing various shenanigans and should be avoided in my opinion.

Also, saving a replay track and posting it here as an attachment to your message would help a lot in troubleshooting your problem.

Thanks I will check game flight mode ...I tried again last night and left the supercharger in Auto ...And it never kicked in ...I did manage to get to 20,000 and through the gate .... But the airspeed just fell off after that and i gave up ....I am a x pilot so I do know about climb performance etc and I managed to stay at 160mph upto about 18,000 then it was just possible to climb at about 500fpm and hold it there to 20,000 but the speed was not good

When getting close to critical alt for 1st speed (whatever altitude it is at that particular mission), the blower is not capable of maintaining 46" even with throttle lever full forward. Climbrate then is poor indeed, but the switch to 2nd should happen sooner rather than later - for example in instant "free flight" missions for both P-51D and TF-51D I seem to recall it was somewhere between 13 and 15k? Something's not right if yours didn't switch even at 20k. Check that flight mode and we'll see what do do next. Mind you, 160 mph IAS might be a bit too slow for your cooling system during long climbs. I think 170 is recommended in the manual.

Edited by Art-J

Nope still no good ...Tried what you recommended ...I saved the track but the file is too big to upload ...The limit is 5 meg and my file is just over 6 ...Now DCS wont load for some reason it gets stuck on 10% and freezes ...So I am off to sort that problem out now :megalol: