is the ball on the Stennis a little off?

bkthunder

Granted I am not the most amazing naval aviator there is, I find that I'm constantly getting a 4 wire when I fly with the ball centered all the way down.

To catch a 3 wire I have to let the ball drop a little (~1 unit) in close and chop the throttle, otherwise I just float past the 3 wire.

I used to get a lot more 3 wires before, so I'm wondering if anything has changed in this last update?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

post your track and we will judge :)

Soo many variables that seeing is believing ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why yes, yes it is. It is exactly as you describe.

I posted this last night here, and it got moved to the object error forum. Wasn't necessarily my intent to primarily highlight the error, but show people the net effect which is as you describe. I guess I can do that here.

Edited by Matthew10_28
added cross post verbiage

TLDW of that video as far as I understood: The ball flies your hook directly AT the 3 wire instead of in between the 2 and 3 wires where it should. Being just a tad above the datum line (light #6 from the top) means you just miss the 3 wire, still having a chance to catch the 4 wire though.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg