Official rules for the 169th Dedicated Server

OFFICIAL RULES

for the

169th DEDICATED SERVER

These rules are for everyone. They are designed for the best balance of fair play on our server.

1. Read the Brief

2. Any player has the right to Report an Incident. This may be of illegal loads, or intentional warping by the use of PRINTSCREEN whilst in an engagement., Abusive language and so on. Evidence by means of a track or ScreenShot MUST be supplied. Hearsay will be ignored.

3. Players who quit in mid-flight run the risk of having disciplinary action against them. If an Incident is reported and the offender found guilty. Then losses will be recorded on the Statistics Board in the way of a "Penalty".

4. The rules of Online Etiquette must be adheared to.

5. 3 Team Kills in 1 session = 1 weeks Ban. Killing of your own AWACS = 1 Weeks immediate ban.

6. the server will be restarted at 45,000 seconds (12.5 hours) as a rule. This is when light startts to fade. However it will on occasion run longer if there are no admins around.

169th Panthers reserve the right to change and or add Rules as we see fit.

(Work in progress)

Suggestions to improve the quality and fairness of the online experience are welcome in the Suggestions Box of the 169th Panthers Website.

Registration is required to activate the "HyperLinks". You will also find many other useful tips, maps and some great reading.

Thank you for your support.

Ice before write these rules I recommend you to thing about how to fix low FPS problem at 169th's server. After 20 players FPS is dieing, btw it's not my problem only. Your mission is good and enjoyable but server is not enough strong to run it unfortunatelly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

We (504) find it uncomfortable to play in due to the huge load , I know its a great map and I have no ground to ask for a change so I won't, just thought that if the majority of our guys have issues with it im sure there are plenty more out there.

Maybe have a rotation of maps Ice you know you got the skillz to do it.;)

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Thank you Cali. Those are great questions.

ECM blinkin IS allowed. not that 169th condone or use it. But we realise it can't be effectively policed. Therefor Rather Than Screaming" ECM Blinker" every 5 minutes and getting frustrated like "some squadrons" do. We keep playing and kill em anyway.

As it Clearly states in the rules..

3. Players who quit in mid-flight run the risk of having disciplinary action against them. If an Incident is reported and the offender found guilty. Then losses will be recorded on the Statistics Board in the way of a "Penalty".

If we take a look at Player "Penalty" in the stats board it should make more sence.

The simple fix is to Exit flight and press "FLY" again. Even I get bad fps if I "Recover". The other thing to be aware of is "Recover" corrupts tracks

If you remember we talk about it already Ice. When I enter the server first time already I start to get bad FPS if there is more than 20 players so its not important that I'll recover or not :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

That was the case in the first instance. It seemed fair because the player making the complaint should receive some compensation for theor troubles. However the second instant it was me making the complaint and it would only cause obvious problems if I awarded my self extra kills. Therefor I revised the ruling and the scores so that only the offender is penalised. Not perfect but will have to do. Keeping in mind the objective is to deter quitting in the hot zone and potentially exploiting the scoring system. Nothing more.

If you remember we talk about it already Ice. When I enter the server first time already I start to get bad FPS if there is more than 20 players so its not important that I'll recover or not :)

there will always be a few who dont have the resources to run on the 169th Dedicated. Hopefully soon you will upgrade :-)

One more thing to add. When you exit the mission for example to change loadout and you don't disconnect and reconnect before rejoining that counts as a loss. I forget myself about that from time to time and added few deaths to my score without actualy being killed or crashed. May be another issue you could adress about the scoring system.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

there will always be a few who dont have the resources to run on the 169th Dedicated. Hopefully soon you will upgrade :-)

Your server consistently causes my game to freeze up and crash.

I'd hate to believe an AMD 4600 X2 qualifies for not up to snuff system specs to run on the server. While during the two redflag flights I have participated in I encountered no such problems.

• Like 3

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

It would be nice if we could stay "On Topic". However for those who have issues with our server it can only be client related resources. It is undisputed that our server IS popular. I know that is hard for some to accept and they will take any oportunity to find fault if they can. But the fact remains many will fly for hours on end without a hiccup and commend us for a server that can smoothly handle so many players and objects. Its not unusual to see 30-40 playing without any warping at all. We are blessed with a 50MB Optic fibre connection on a very fast Core 2 Duo machine. No expense has been spared.

If you are having FPS issues. The first thing to try is to Swap the Scenes Files. Instructions Here

If you still have issues. Register to our Forums and read on some of the tips and tricks to optimise your LockOn installation.

Ice I want to believe that you're kidding with me. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My reply was before our conversation today and i had actually fortten about your saying it was a Vista Issue before that. Hence my standardf response.

I am confident that if you follow the Scenes swapping instructions you'll get a huge fps improvement.

Whether the server is running Vista or SBS2k3 in our "Professional" opinion is irrelevant.

I understand you have great IT knowledge but please remember we do too. Not only that but I've been running dedicated Lockon Servers for 4 years now.

also I was Team Leader of the Multiplayer Beta testing for Flaming Cliffs 1.12a/b.

If they must afk immediately. then, I'm afraid thats too bad. Obviously the reason for them leaving is more important than losing 2 points. so I guess they'll live with it. My advice is they do what I do when for instance i have a customer or an important phone call. Turn the plane for home press ALT-1 and hope for the best.

If a players machine crashes then then we will be able to determine that when the track is submitted and therefore Not guilty. If however we see a "Pattern" from a repeat offender a different decision may be made.

Killing an A/G aircraft does not deserve the same score as killing a fighter. We are in the process of creating a new scoring system. but these things take time.

In WWII downing a bomber was way more important then downing a fighter simply because a bomber can attack your territory, destroy buildings, kills many people on the ground.. and so on. Disregarding this as "not important" or "unworthy" a kill is not correct... especially if you manage to down a strike aircraft while being in danger yourself from enemy fighters. If you have enemy trying to eliminate your SAM defenses... and you defend from it... I don't know how you can call that not worthy.

and don't forget you start implying so many rules to something what should be fun and enjoyable I think will end up making your server reduce its numbers... or how you put it... "popularity"

oh and... your server aint "all that"

and by the way... I'll say this out loud and I can get banned if they chose so... but last (and lsat) time I flew on this server, when I was shot down and situation was 1 vs 3 and I asked to make sides even (as Blue was way outnumbered) you and your gruop told me to take it and if I want an easy server I should go somewhere else. In RF3 yuo complained about how things were harder for the RedFor and how it wasn't fair... where actually RedFor lost masively because of planning... which reminds me... was your work. So you lost big time fair and square which proves playing on your own gruond (map), on your own server, with good number advantage and scoring a kill where after you expect/demand the person being shot to say "Good Kill" ... does not make you on top of the list as being the best out there... which pretty much everybody knows, is what you think of yourself.

You make all these rules and want utter discupline from all to oblige to your rules... and quite frankly I regret giving you a REP for going in alone and doing well in RF3 because even when you fly good and all personal opinions are put to side (which is what I've done when I gave you that REP) you are arrogantly and sometimes a real p**ck... so there... enjoy your server, I hope you get many many fighter kills.

• Like 4

No longer active in DCS...

Some would argue that sport like Tennis, Baseball, Football are fun and enjoyable. I cant think of any that have less rules than we do for our server.

The current Statistics board is designed solely for A/A engagements. Soon we will have another statistics board for "Ground Pounders".

I think we've covered all bases by now.

and by the way... I'll say this out loud and I can get banned if they chose so... but last (and lsat) time I flew on this server, when I was shot down and situation was 1 vs 3 and I asked to make sides even (as Blue was way outnumbered) you and your gruop told me to take it and if I want an easy server I should go somewhere else. In RF3 yuo complained about how things were harder for the RedFor and how it wasn't fair... where actually RedFor lost masively because of planning... which reminds me... was your work. So you lost big time fair and square which proves playing on your own gruond (map), on your own server, with good number advantage and scoring a kill where after you expect/demand the person being shot to say "Good Kill" ... does not make you on top of the list as being the best out there... which pretty much everybody knows, is what you think of yourself.

You make all these rules and want utter discupline from all to oblige to your rules... and quite frankly I regret giving you a REP for going in alone and doing well in RF3 because even when you fly good and all personal opinions are put to side (which is what I've done when I gave you that REP) you are arrogantly and sometimes a real p**ck... so there... enjoy your server, I hope you get many many fighter kills.

Mud slinging in the public forums is not my style. So I'll refrain from a response.

Ok we first off I am getting sick of other players getting upset with the 169th because they think we are a bunch of bullies or a stuck up group that thinks our Sh@# don't stink. We pay for this server so YOU have some place to fly. WE admin it and put rules on it to make it FAIR for all. As long as I have been in the 169th we have tried to increase the popularity of the Lock On community. With comments from people such as you kuky it is easy to see why so many new players simply snuff Lock On off as a bad game. We try to give everyone a great time and it is not EASY. Making the world happy is impossible. However we do have more people that like the server than not. If you have bad comments please keep them out of threads that are trying to be informative. You have a problem with a 169th pilot let that pilot know in a PM. Slinging crap talk and crying that someone thinks they are better than someone is just killing the community. I personally tend to ALL the hardware for the 169th server. I am the main network and system engineer. You have questions or a concern about the server hit me up in HL or on our site. I will be happy to answer questions.

Keep in mind YOU do not PAY for this server nor do you admin it. We enjoy HELPFUL comments on what you think can make it better. You say u get low FPS try and get me a track of it so I can check times and logs on the server. If it is indeed a server issue then it can be fixed. However I rarely hear of anyone having issues.

All this BS has got to stop it is a waste of time and gives the entire Community a giant black eye. I have friends that will no longer play for the fact that people piss and moan too much. Take this how you want and flame me all you want. I will however disregard anyone that is trying to pick a fight or just is simply being an A#! I am a nice guy and willing to help where I can when I can. Not saying I am the best out there or that I know everything. But I am very capable of doing my Job in the 169th.

• Like 1