[NOT REALISTIC] TDC Radar slew and SA

Skyracer

Is it possible/will it be possible in the future to if you move the tdc on radar screen so that its mirror TDC on the SA screen? Because now its not clear what the radar sees on the MFD.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Is it possible/will it be possible in the future to if you move the tdc on radar screen so that its mirror TDC on the SA screen? Because now its not clear what the radar sees on the MFD.

The question has been asked, and the previous response was no, it was not realistic.

That is unfortunate! The DL is not the gamechanger that i hoping for. Still uncertainty.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

That is unfortunate! The DL is not the gamechanger that i hoping for. Still uncertainty.

It is a gamechanger :huh:. You can see in real time where are the enemies and allies, which type of aircraft, airspeed and altitud in a 360 degree and 160nm radius.

It is a gamechanger :huh:. You can see in real time where are the enemies and allies, which type of aircraft, airspeed and altitud in a 360 degree and 160nm radius.

Not a 100% friend with the DL system ATM.

You can guestimate the enemy position quite easy. Watch carefully Matt Youtube video. You just need more time to adapt. Ability to share contact between flight members makes big different in Hornet compared to Su-27 which doesnt have it (yet). I feel much safer flying Hornet with DL.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I've been wondering about the radar screen symbols for a while now. Does the radar in the real airplane display returns as a little box?

In pure RWS yes, but as they develop more we'll eventually be able to get DL tracks (the icons for friendly/unknown/hostile aircraft and donors etc) on the RWS screen. The priority numbers should also carry across. So it'll be a lot more straightforward to tally up which track is which between the SA page and radar. Once we get TWS, the radar screen will basically just show those tracks for the top 8 targets, and you don't see the raw bricks anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure what software they are using but it definitely slews both now in the later software builds . Move sa the radar moves , opposite is true for radar tdc.

Interesting, maybe they were given additional info from SMEs, etc. I know Wags was the one to respond to that before, perhaps he will chime in and clarify.

Edit: Just looked at Wag’s most recent video and they are not sync’d in his version so not sure ehat’s going on there if you say they are in the beta release.

Edited by Rainmaker

Interesting, maybe they were given additional info from SMEs, etc. I know Wags was the one to respond to that before, perhaps he will chime in and clarify.

Edit: Just looked at Wag’s most recent video and they are not sync’d in his version so not sure ehat’s going on there if you say they are in the beta release.

Yea I'm talking about the actual aircraft software. It may have changed to allow both to follow each other sometime between 2005-present . I can't really post a video for proof for obvious opsec reasons but the current software load slews both.

Yea I'm talking about the actual aircraft software. It may have changed to allow both to follow each other sometime between 2005-present . I can't really post a video for proof for obvious opsec reasons but the current software load slews both.

Ah, I’m following you now.

Even in its current state its pretty easy to correlate the info between the radar and SA pages. The HAFU has top and bottom segments. The moment a datalink only contact is seen on your radar it gains a top HAFU symbol and usually transitions to unknown symbology.

Well that's not really the point, I have no problems telling which is which. The key is having the aircraft accurate, later when ground designations and ground radar and tgp are added , it maybe difficulty to differentiate between what your radar is picking up and what you are looking at with the tgp, all of these should follow the same point. The same way the f-16 does in bms and that's what I have seen in the 18 as well irl . Maybe though that was added later in the blocks with software though.

Well that's not really the point, I have no problems telling which is which. The key is having the aircraft accurate, later when ground designations and ground radar and tgp are added , it maybe difficulty to differentiate between what your radar is picking up and what you are looking at with the tgp, all of these should follow the same point. The same way the f-16 does in bms and that's what I have seen in the 18 as well irl . Maybe though that was added later in the blocks with software though.

That's something entirely different, and has to do with MSI (multi sensor integration). My statement was solely about interpreting SA page info, which is easily correlated now but will still be improved upon when we get HAFU symbols on the radar page. You can see the MSI options are there on various pages, they just don't do anything yet.