IFF HAFU - Ambiguous vs Unknown? Plus how to setup a division if not preset in ME?

Legendofdino

I'm trying to understand how the data link classifies track files as either unknown vs ambiguous. Is it based off anything in particular such as the aircraft type?

Additionally, is there currently a way for a division of AC to program their DL so that they appear on the SA page as a division if it's not setup beforehand in the mission editor? Sort of like setting the group ID in the A10.

Lastly is there a resource which outlines the gamut of HAFU symbology? Im compiling my own guide and was hoping to compare it against a resource which outlines it.

Wags said that ID is based on several ROE factors, including IFF answer (only that at the moment in DCS), but possibly others.

If I were to guess, I'd say that unknown contacts have yet to be assigned an ID (ie. some ROE factors have not yet been checked), while ambiguous contacts could be contacts that have some factors but not others (like a contact not responding to IFF, but otherwise exhibiting no other ROE factors for hostile).

Only a guess, obviously. And not really modeled yet, since only IFF is taken into account for now.

as far as i know, the ABCD thing works only for aircraft within the same flight/group in mission editor.

Yeah probably at the moment but in exploring the MIDS page it appears that maybe we'll get ability to edit our group id somewhere on that page. Any comment from ED?

Yeah probably at the moment but in exploring the MIDS page it appears that maybe we'll get ability to edit our group id somewhere on that page. Any comment from ED?

Would like to know as well, because this is a very important function to me.

+1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg