Troop embarking / disembarking trigger?

Irishlad200000

Hi guys let me pick your brains!?

I have mastered troop pickup within the editor, am happy with voiceovers and various other triggers!

I am trying to make a trigger that activates a message / voice over when the troops are fully loaded / unloaded.

What is my best option to do this?

Thanks

Gary

you could try to have a big trigger zone and a trigger that fires, when the infantry group has left the zone, since i would suspect, that embarking into a helicopter technically removes the group.

for disembarking you would have a second zone and a trigger that fires, when all of the infantry groups units enter the zone.

this is just a guess though... hope it helps!

Edited by twistking

Another way that should work...

When the command to Embark or disembark is given, set a user flag to true.

Then make a new Once trigger with the condition "Time since flag" with a time of 20 seconds or so... Then play the voiceover...

Just a thought

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

• 4 years later...
On 3/5/2019 at 11:50 PM, twistking said:

you could try to have a big trigger zone and a trigger that fires, when the infantry group has left the zone, since i would suspect, that embarking into a helicopter technically removes the group.

for disembarking you would have a second zone and a trigger that fires, when all of the infantry groups units enter the zone.

this is just a guess though... hope it helps!

I know this is an old post but I need to set the Trigger to embarking (flag after embark) and unfortunately this is a problem I suppose. The unit does not react at all to the fact that it disappears (after embarking), I have the impression that after issuing the Embark command it is not included in any area (also in or out of zone).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

I know this is an old post but I need to set the Trigger to embarking (flag after embark) and unfortunately this is a problem I suppose. The unit does not react at all to the fact that it disappears (after embarking), I have the impression that after issuing the Embark command it is not included in any area (also in or out of zone).

maybe the unit is actually a different unit with different unit ID after disembarking? maybe don't check for individual units, but for any unit of specified group or any unit of specified coalition? other than that, i'm out of ideas unfortunately...

• 5 months later...

My experimenting shows that the embarked group is still located where they embarked, just invisible, for lack of a better explanation. So any trigger which relies on them leaving that zone will only trigger when they disembark the vehicle outside of that zone.

It's a weird implementation that I wish DCS would change. It would be ideal to make the embarked group follow the vehicle in which they embarked. E.g., once troops picked up in a helo have left the AO, a message could be given. 

The current scheme makes things awkward.

On 3/26/2024 at 12:54 AM, Antix70 said:

Can someone clue me in how to make the embark/disembark work? My troops just stand there looking at the transport!

Plenty of YouTube tutorials on exactly that. It's an overly complicated process. If you miss or screw up a step it breaks like you've seen.

I hate the 'reapers' but this is pretty clear: 

Edited by Elphaba
  • Like 1