Getting mad with that *** lag

I probably ask this already. I got a 16,000kb/s aDSL Connection a good computer - but when it comes to MP playing that *** thing just lags. It's driving me nuts for real. I formatted my hard drive a dozen times, reconfigured my router. evrything works fine, but Lock on FC just WONT work correctly!!!

In MP-Games I got stuttering all over the place. The actual performance is fine but each 5 to 15 seconds I got a short interrupt (~1 sec).

For the sake of that game - tell me what's wrong with it!

That's right the problem! I read that other thread where the discussion about procaff took place. aight - BUT I GOT NO MULTICORE.

I got a AMD 64 4000+ Single Core. I got some knowledge and tons of tools so if you got ANY ideas tell me!

Your ISP with packet loss due to the fast path, the server is overloaded or the server connection until your ISP (nothing to do with this option).

Not necessary has to be your computer or your connection until your local hub of the ISP.

Remember that on xDSL distance to the hub of the ISP in your town or city has to be less than 1 KM. More length = packet problems. More than 4 KM = too many problems.

First I recommend to check with another servers at different times; after that check if any process of your computer can be wrong and uses all CPU/GPU at specific moments. Norton security, for example, usually does with some configurations.

We fly with worst connections, and maybe computers, and we don't have stuttering. A bit of lag sometimes, but it's because one member lives on Mexico and another on Canary Islands for example (too many distance to get a low ping) and not everybody has new hardware.

For last, remember that when a player joins when the fly has begun, your computer has to load it's textures, etc because at launch moment they were not necessary. Also when someone throws chaffs and flares it asks for very CPU/GPU, making lag on the another clients machine, and due to this, on the network connection.

I hope this could help you.

Sorry for my poor English.

Carlos "Design" Pastor

AMD64x2 5200+, 4GB DDR2, Asus M2V, Nvidia Geforce GTX260, Win7 x64

Your ISP with packet loss due to the fast path, the server is overloaded or the server connection until your ISP (nothing to do with this option).

Not necessary has to be your computer or your connection until your local hub of the ISP.

Remember that on xDSL distance to the hub of the ISP in your town or city has to be less than 1 KM. More length = packet problems. More than 4 KM = too many problems.

First I recommend to check with another servers at different times; after that check if any process of your computer can be wrong and uses all CPU/GPU at specific moments. Norton security, for example, usually does with some configurations.

We fly with worst connections, and maybe computers, and we don't have stuttering. A bit of lag sometimes, but it's because one member lives on Mexico and another on Canary Islands for example (too many distance to get a low ping) and not everybody has new hardware.

For last, remember that when a player joins when the fly has begun, your computer has to load it's textures, etc because at launch moment they were not necessary. Also when someone throws chaffs and flares it asks for very CPU/GPU, making lag on the another clients machine, and due to this, on the network connection.

I hope this could help you.

Sorry for my poor English.

You speak your english fine - better than mine as im german. see: I wish your hints would make the thing get solved - but I fear they dont. from your first point on:

I dont have fastpath. My connection is excellent and without any data loss (afaik) - other games - absolutly ALL OTHER games do run without a prob. Cant really tell the distance from that house to the nearest node or backbone, but I think it's okay as well - just as I said: Lock on is the only troublechild doing that kinda things :(

Tools/BG-Procs? No - I keep a clean computer. Absolutly no BG-Procs running. En Plus mec: If there were any, that problem wouldnt only raise in MP but rather in SP as well, wont it?!

getting it all together: There is absolutly nothing I may find which causes this problem. To me it looks like some odd kinda De-Sync that I cant figure. Maybe something with the processor as well.

see here: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=20252

thats JUST my problem beside that i got no multicore but s-core.

here go my specs:

amd 4000+ 64b

2gigs ram

windows xp x64 (maybe thats the issuemaker?)

good enough grafics.

thanks again - please help!

Are you connecting to a server in HL and what is your connection speed? (Not the speed of your aDSL, the in-game connection speed, for example 128/128 bit)

Hm. Yes, Im using HL and I don't know what exactly you mean by "connection speed". I'n Lockon - where it goes "speed" under "Connect" in the network section I tryed everything from 128kb to 10Mb - the stuttering didnt change. Which speed is cosidered good for me?

Furthermore, the lockon-page reads: quote:

Patch version 1.12b also includes previously released patches and fixes: patch version 1.11 (marked with *), Ground Units LODs Fix (GU_LODs) and CLIENT NETWORK GAME STUTTERING FIX.

endquote

You probably already checked this out, but, to be safe, it may be your firewall blocking some packets, even if you 'allow' lock on to pass. This nasty treat of my firewall along with a vague router NAS caused my hosting ambitions to disappear for good, even though my internet connection is up to it (100mb). I don't fly online anymore, I miss the days of good old gunzo fights and get tired of people spamming 4 ARH missiles at you, even if you're on their side :/

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I probably ask this already. I got a 16,000kb/s aDSL Connection a good computer - but when it comes to MP playing that *** thing just lags. It's driving me nuts for real. I formatted my hard drive a dozen times, reconfigured my router. evrything works fine, but Lock on FC just WONT work correctly!!!

In MP-Games I got stuttering all over the place. The actual performance is fine but each 5 to 15 seconds I got a short interrupt (~1 sec).

For the sake of that game - tell me what's wrong with it!

Did you have these problems on the 504th too?

The reason why I ask this is because for me the 504the was the ONLY perfect performing server with a ping of 30.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Did you have these problems on the 504th too?

The reason why I ask this is because for me the 504the was the ONLY perfect performing server with a ping of 30.

Wasn't just your ping making it smooth it was partly because the missions were built with the idea of feeding it to the whole world in mind.

Sharing the fun;)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

The only firewall I ve got is my router. Tell me what ports need to be forwarded for a snooth gameplay and I will check. I cannot find a 504th server in HL.

This problem is so similar to the one described in this other thread - the only difference is that I don't have Mcore. but I'm pretty sure that it still has to do with my processor - this similarity CANT be coincidence!

HL Port? Why the HL Port? The problem doesnt happen in HL but in the game itself. I dont think messing with the HL-Ports will help it :cry:

Is anyone else here who got an AMD 4000+ 64b processor like I do?!?

you may move this to the tech-section of the forum as i think its better fitting there.

I got until three days an AMD64 3200+ and didn't have your problems.

It's really strange your situation...

Sorry for not could help anymore.

Carlos "Design" Pastor

I got until three days an AMD64 3200+ and didn't have your problems.

It's really strange your situation...

Sorry for not could help anymore.

Nah, en contraire - thats great help actually :thumbup:. At least I can see a slight hope far away.

So you got AMD 64 3200. Now what Chipset did you have? I got NF4U. Did you have Win 64 installed or only the default 32 operating system?

ps: I contacted AMD support and hope they can help me there

My old system until four days ago (power supply burned all the mo-bo and vga) was:

AMD64 3200+

Gigabyte K8NS-Ultra939 Nforce 3

4 GB DDR2 Kinston 266 (i'm not secure about the speed) PC3200

Point-of-View Nvidia 6800GT 256 MB AGP

1 SATA Seagate 250 GB

1 IDE Seagate 120 GB

Sound Realtek (comes with the mo-bo)

Ethernet connection also from the mo-bo

And the peripherals (Saitek Pro Rudders, CH Fighterstick and CH Pro Throttle)

Now the changes are:

AMD64x2 5200

Asus M2V (think Via Chipset)

2 GB Kingston DIMM 667

Asus EN8600GT 256 MB DDR3 Silent

Sound and eth from the mo-bo

Of course, another power supply 550W

Rest the same as before

Carlos "Design" Pastor

Hm.. sounds quite similar. ****! Here some other facts on the issue:

It's not a network problem. I got lags as well but this aint no lag - it's something else.

On the freeze I can still press ESC and the menu appears without delay - meanwhile everything else in the game stops. Everything from rising smoke of the smokestacks, the animated joystick in my cockpit (which normally moves when I move my real one) to at last my looking arround, the closing cabinhatch and everything else.