DCS Game Freeze, FA-18C, 2.5.4.29167

Ramsay

This is a very messy bug report but I haven't seen it reported elsewhere.

TL;DR:

I was hosting a co-op mission, flying the FA-18C and DCS froze.

The last line in dcs.log is :

• 2019-04-03 20:31:31.206 ERROR SOUND: Host 'woLA-16777474' position is out of bounds

There was no track file or crash log, DCS was closed using windows task manager.

Detail

This session was unusually messy.

I started the host game and, once the client appeared in the lobby, took a FA-18C slot (cold start).

The client took a M-2000C slot (cold start) and was kicked a few seconds later, so restarted his DCS (client) and rejoined.

I started up the FA-18C, setup DL, IFF, etc. INS looked complete but at the end when I came to taxi, I found the FCS bit test had hung and no control surfaces worked.

As the client was setup, I took a different player slot - an air spawn FA-18C

After combat vs MOOSE spawned C-101CC and F-5 AI aircraft, fuel was low, so we decided to land at Kobuleti

I set the TACAN to 67X, turned it on and tried to set the approach course line, etc on the hsi but couldn't see either the course digits or line (perhaps I was in the wrong mode ? )

With HSI on LH, SA on Lower, my DCS (host) view froze (the keyboard was unresponsive and I couldn't switch views F2/F10 or use ESC) - I kept DCS running so the client could land and used task manager to close DCS, the server tacview file was not accessible.

The client was able to land and close his DCS (client) - his Tacveiw showed me and all AI air frozen mid air with no movement for 4m25s.

The mission is usually trouble free.

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080