Mouse

RePhil

Anyone know why the green + that is over the button in order to interact with it will disappear. The white dot that would be used when interacting with the com menus is there screen shot show green + I am referring to

Screen_190426_230123.thumb.jpg.cc6413cf92ce38eeccea313071057dcb.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

I find this method works great in VR for operating switches and controls in the cockpit.

• In the UI setup, bind the mouse buttons and scroll wheel to your hotas. (I use one of the hats)
  • In the VR setup, tick <use mouse> and untick <use hand controllers>
  • Enter the game and use the mouse to position the green cross centered in the lower area of your vision, then leave the mouse alone and the cross will disappear.
  • When you need to operate a switch or whatever, click a hotas mouse button and the green cross will appear. Then move your head to position the cross and click again to operate the switch.
  • Pre positioning the cross low down makes it easy to operate switches on the side panels down near you hips.
  • The hotas scroll wheel buttons do not scroll the control, but just move it in small increments, so multiple clicks are required.

I thought the hand controllers were great once the right click function was working, but I now prefer this method as I can keep my hands on the hotas and not grope around for a hand controller. :)

I find this method works great in VR for operating switches and controls in the cockpit.

• In the UI setup, bind the mouse buttons and scroll wheel to your hotas. (I use one of the hats)
  • In the VR setup, tick <use mouse> and untick <use hand controllers>
  • Enter the game and use the mouse to position the green cross centered in the lower area of your vision, then leave the mouse alone and the cross will disappear.
  • When you need to operate a switch or whatever, click a hotas mouse button and the green cross will appear. Then move your head to position the cross and click again to operate the switch.
  • Pre positioning the cross low down makes it easy to operate switches on the side panels down near you hips.
  • The hotas scroll wheel buttons do not scroll the control, but just move it in small increments, so multiple clicks are required.

I thought the hand controllers were great once the right click function was working, but I now prefer this method as I can keep my hands on the hotas and not grope around for a hand controller. :)

That is the exact method I have been using for a while, works great.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That seems a little too awkward for me. What happens when you want to keep your eyes on the target but then also need to move your head to flick switches?

I have a mouse on the right and a track ball on the left and this is still the fastest and most reliable way in my opinion.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

What happens when you want to keep your eyes on the target but then also need to move your head to flick switches?

I would suggest not using the mouse for important switches. Have them on your hotas.

If you are using the mouse/trackball you will need to take your eyes off the target to see what you are doing with the mouse.