Graphic Problem

Help Please

I have posted before re graphics problem ie Cockpit detail missing , I can see the hud image ,mirrors ,reflections, throttle levers and hands for the instruments but no panel, its transparent ? The sky, clouds, ground detail is fine. External shots all aircraft white with no skin detail. The main menu has the clock hands offset to the right and the legends for the aircraft selections are misplaced.

I cannot seem to take a print screen either. If some one could tell me how I will post a picture of the problem.

With lock on installed clean from disk - all ok

Lock on with patch 1.02 - all ok

Flaming cliffs 1.1 - problem appeared

Patch 1.1b - No difference

Previous replies suggested my radeon card was dated and the probable cause. Just installed EVGA 8800GTS with 640 MB memory and latest drivers. The problem is the same.

Hopefully some one knows the answer / fix.

Barrie

Installation Process should be as Follows:

LockOn - Flaming Cliffs - Patch 1.12a/b

Do not patch to 1.02

Also be sure that you are applying the correct/specific patch for your version. Patches Here

Give that a go and see if it helps. Be sure to uninstall completely, clear the registry and re-boot prior to re-installing.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hi

Tried as suggested but the result is the same. I down loaded fresh flamming cliffs 1.1 and the patch 1.12b

As before the graphics is fine with Lock on V1.0. As soon as I install flaming cliffs V1.1b the problem appears.

I cannot seem to get a screen image or frame rate using suggested keys ? All other keyboard commands seem ok.

All help in resolving this problem greatly appreciated.

Barrie

Put all the graphics on full just to see if graphic problems disappear. And then start backing off with graphics settings until the game is playable on your machine.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Or, get the latest video card drivers.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I have the latest forceware driver for my Nvidia 8800 GTS card. Makes no difference. I have tried all sorts in the graphic options but nothing seems to help. I have also noticed the change of resolutions seems to make no difference which I find very odd.

I have installed flamming cliffs 3 times no with the same result. Lock on worked fine.

System

Asus p5N32 e SLI ,Vista 32 bit, EVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB ACS Edition.

I have the latest forceware driver for my Nvidia 8800 GTS card. Makes no difference. I have tried all sorts in the graphic options but nothing seems to help. I have also noticed the change of resolutions seems to make no difference which I find very odd.

I have installed flamming cliffs 3 times no with the same result. Lock on worked fine.

System

Asus p5N32 e SLI ,Vista 32 bit, EVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB ACS Edition.

My older son's computer has 8800 GTS (640 mb version) on his computer. Flaming Cliffs works just fine without any problems on his computer.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Have you tried to adjust ur driver?? triple buff antia itd?

and there is in bios also something to adjust for video card.. or maybe try to find out what file is that and ask someone to send you copy if only cocpit problem..

Or even check ur phiscal memory, maybe it got corrupted in process of switching from LO to FC..

Damn, I am having the same problem now with a similar card: GFX 8800 GTX. FC 1.12a used to work fine with it, except Full Shadows and Advanced Fog had artifacts. Then my hard drive died, and I reinstalled XP SP2, FC, and pached it to 1.12b. Now having the same problems at any settings - incomplete pictures... Maybe it's the new DirectX? I installed it recently from Microsoft page - could it be something they have done for DX 10-compatible cards, that screwed up 9c?...

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR