DCS bindings

is there a simpler way to fix all these binding issues??? I load an update and POOF all HOTAS profiles are gone. Haven't the energy to do this every month. I seriously considered quitting DCS because I am so demoralized. I jump into a plane and crash into something because my brakes or nosewheel steering no longer work.

Please any help at all!

is there a simpler way to fix all these binding issues??? I load an update and POOF all HOTAS profiles are gone. Haven't the energy to do this every month. I seriously considered quitting DCS because I am so demoralized. I jump into a plane and crash into something because my brakes or nosewheel steering no longer work.

Please any help at all!

After repairing your bindings , use file explorer to look in c:>users>[your user name]>saved games>dcs>config>input

Copy all the folders , and paste them in a safe place where you can find them

When an update breaks your bindings , delete the new folders in the input folder , and copy/paste the ones you saved back to replace .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

DCS updates don’t touch anything in the Saved Games folder. The bindings issue that some experience is more complex than that.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Funny i should read this because i logged in tonight and i tried to zoom in and looked at the bindings and they are reversed on my t16000m . Correct bindings but on wrong side of stick lol. Did this update break any of the bingings ?

DCS doesn't always allow the user folder luas to override the dcs folder settings is one problem. I'm looking at you, F-18 strokesdefs...even though it doesn't overwrite my modded file, it just ignores it and I have to edit the openbeta folder lua every update.

DCS isn't SUPPOSED to mess with saved games via updates , but afaik it does . I had to re-do my L-39 bindings today , in fact . And a look at the L-39 file in saved games before i copied/pasted showed it modified today . So I will stand by what i posted .

Please , by all means , expound on your post if you wish . I am always prepared to learn something new .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

DCS updates don’t touch anything in the Saved Games folder. The bindings issue that some experience is more complex than that.

Yes it does. And has done many times in the past.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would still disagree guys. DCS doesn’t touch the diff files. Look at post #5 for one reason.

There have been many posts about this type of issue in the past.

Sometimes, after an update, custom bindings don’t work or disappear or get reversed etc. and doing a restore of the diff doesn’t help.

I can’t explain exactly why this happens, but the consensus in previous threads was that it is changes in the way DCS handles/implements the diff file that causes the issue.

Happened a lot in the early days of the Hornet.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

The file is located in the Mods folder.  It's the default.lua in the input.  I save it to my desktop and when there's an update I just copy and paste back in the folder.  Each aircraft has it's own default.lua under the same name so u might want to figure out how to save them differently for each aircraft you fly.  DCSWorld Openbeta/Mods/Aircraft/F18C/Input/F-18C/default.lua.  

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]