Operation Persian Gauntlet - Jane's F-15 Iran Campaign Reimagined

GrizzlyBear83

Seems CTD in helicopters first mission is fixed in latest open beta now. Successfully shot down all Mi-8s and finished mission fine using pilot lock modes. Lets see how second mission will fare.

Great, thanks for confirming this. Was exhausted for the last few days so didn't get a chance to try it out myself.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I finished it twice, but thought it's the same thing and the briefing for next one looks the same so I gave up.

So, there are actually two helicopter missions in a row or am I running in circles here for some reason?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Yep campaign starts with two anti-helicopter missions. They are both different. Story is same in briefings. Pay attention to tasking section. First mission is about to protect oil platforms and second shipping.

Edited by ataribaby

Confirming the campaign doesn´t crash after first two heli missions. I started this campaign yesterday evening finishing first mission and finished second mission an hour ago. No problem so far.

GIGABYTE Z390 GAMING X | i5 9600k @4.7 GHz | Noctua NH-U14S | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti @OCed | Patriot 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | 1TB SSD + 1TB HDD | Win10 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + WarBRD | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | 1440p AOC Q2790PQU

Yep campaign starts with two anti-helicopter missions. They are both different. Story is same in briefings. Pay attention to tasking section. First mission is about to protect oil platforms and second shipping.

I noticed the mission was at different time when flying it, but my concern came from the fact that after landing on both and ending the mission, the game menu would revert to campaign selection screen rather than load up the next mission (though, it does say two missions flown with 100% success rate).

Hmm, I'm sure it wasn't like this before. Next mission phase would load up automatically if your mission score is over 50. Unless there are no phases here?

Hmm, I'm sure it wasn't like this before. Next mission phase would load up automatically if your mission score is over 50.

I played at least 5 different campaigns (both DLC, module-bound and user made) during my few years in DCS and no matter the result (score doesn't count for campaign progress) you always end up in the campaign menu - no autoloading missions I heard of.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Bombing Missions

I have another issue with the Bombing Missions, e.g. the Silkworm Facilities.

There are 4 Launchers and 1 Radar. Makes 5 targets in summary.

Misson is flown with 3 Wingmen, each Aircraft armed with 2 GBU-12s

So, 8 GBU-12 in total. Should be enough for 5 Targets.

But my Wingmen drop 3 Bombs on the same Target, regardless if it is already

destroyed, making all the Armament useless.

In the Silkworm-Missons, there is always one Target left over.

Does anybody have a clue, how to tell the Wingmen not to aim all at the same

target?

Brgds

Sterny

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I love this campaign, but it is broken since 2.5.6 . Collide with my wingman on the ramp, at mission start is fixed since the last patch, I think.

But now, my Wingman didn´t start. Can someone confirm this problem?

Is there any way to change the missions by my self to fix it?

Thanks!

I downloaded this campaign but wingmans don't take off for a long time. After they took off, they stall and go down for no reason. 2.5.6

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 year later...

I've downloaded and started playing. Concept is awesome especially because I have played the original Jane's F-15 (even though I barely recall the missions)

I have noticed few issues with the campaign missions that I've flown so far

Cloud cover is way too thick and in VR it breaks the immersion as clouds look awful in VR even on ultra settings

Mission INA05_E either has the wrong description or wrong weapons loadout - mission brief says that I'm supposed to us LANTIRN and 2 laser guided bombs to kill some boats that intend to launch antiship missiles but default start of the mission is with 2x aim9, 2x aim7a and 4xaim54. I know I can change the loadout  in mission planner and I have done so but then I haven't found any boats at all and ended up shooting down some migs. Is there something wrong or I'm not triggering events or something else?

F-14, A-10CII, F/A-18, Spitfire, FC3, Supercarrier and all of the maps/terrains 

R7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3733GHz CL14, RTX3090, Sound blaster Z, Oculus Quest 2 and Reverb G2, WINWING F/A-18 Orion HOTAS...

6 hours ago, draconus said:

Last update was over 2 years - don't expect flawless operation in current DCS verison.

I have started doing small modifications to the missions mostly around cloud cover and removing some descriptions on missions as come to them in the campaign. I'd be very grateful if there was some sort of script or briefing so I can fix some "cosmetic" parts of the campaign. I still don't know how to fully use mission editor and scripting.

F-14, A-10CII, F/A-18, Spitfire, FC3, Supercarrier and all of the maps/terrains 

R7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3733GHz CL14, RTX3090, Sound blaster Z, Oculus Quest 2 and Reverb G2, WINWING F/A-18 Orion HOTAS...