Best VR-Google out there?

memoric

Hello

Currently I have an Oculus Rift, and its resolution is decent but could be better.

So my Question is, what is the best VR-Google out there to have? Price is irrelevant. But it should be operateable with a Geforce Gtx 1080 Ti.

Sorry If similar thread already exists, but did't see anything.

Thank you for your answer.

regards

There are many VR Googles for you to choose from. If you want a VR Google right now, get the Rift S. But if you can wait a few months, (possibly) better VR Googles will hit the market like the Valve Index and HP Reverb.

Enjoy your VR Google!

New VR Simpit: Intel 10700K, MSI Seahawk X 1080Ti (waiting for 3080Ti or 3090), 32 GB 3600MHz RAM, HP Reverb, TM Warthog

Old VR Simpit: Intel 4790K, Asus Matrix 780Ti, 16GB RAM, HTC Vive

From what I've heard the HP Reverb is the best,but a 1080ti is the minimum requirement I think. Also it has been delayed, it was supposed to be released early this month and they have not issued a new release date.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I used a Vive since release (3 years) which is basically the same as Rift in terms of image. Just upgraded to Pimax 5k+. I only use it for DCS in which it works very well. The clarity is definitely better and the wide fov is a very nice to have bonus. Runs well on 1080Ti. I wouldn't recommend it if you play other games - some work, some don't. A very good upgrade for DCS, but you'll need a base station to go with it. Be prepared to play with it a bit and mod it for comfort (DAS recommended).

However, I'd suggest waiting for 50% VR optimisations and Reverb/1080Ti reviews. It looks very promising.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Best is probably the Xtal at 5k.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Best is probably the Xtal at 5k.

Agreed, but consider the astronomical cost (you can buy a 9900k/2080ti system, the best hotas out there, and a Rift S for less than what the Xtal costs), it's easy to forget about it.

I've had the Rift, Vive, Vive Pro, Odyssey, Odyssey+, Pimax5k, and now the Rift S.

IMO for the $ it's the Rift S. Even without the $ considered, I'd buy the Rift S. The Pimax5k has a great FOV, but so far as the graphics and their presentation, the Rift S IMO is in the running against it, easily. I was also very surprised that the Rift S experience, including graphics, was significantly better than the Odyssey+, of which I still am running 2 until I sell them this week. That's how much I'm liking the Rift S, and I was among those who thought Oculus' specs on the Rift S a few months back made it a joke and mainly for tiddly winks kids games. Not so. Oculus knows what they're doing. The Rift/S have the best VR drivers period, probably the best support in terms of available/easy to set up games, and IMO the best sim experience right now. Until we see the Reverb and the Index, the Rift S is the way to go for DCS or any cockpit sim right now.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

He wanted the best and cost was no issue. So thats the Xtal.

As fir the rift S im glad people are happy with it. I figured it would be about what it is. The only surprise for me is that it is equal or better to the higher res OLED displays. Personally im waiting on the reverb.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thank you for your answers.

Are the Pimax Products any good? Is the HP Reverb better than Pimax 4k?

Thank you!

The Pimax 5k is a good product but you'll not get to use its FOV with a 1080.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The Pimax 5k is a good product but you'll not get to use its FOV with a 1080.

I was going to use the "middle" FOV Setting, that would work, right?

So I have watched many videos about this topic and got the conclusion to buy the pimax 5k xr.

Thank you for your answers!

regards

I was going to use the "middle" FOV Setting, that would work, right?

So I have watched many videos about this topic and got the conclusion to buy the pimax 5k xr.

Thank you for your answers!

regards

I don't know if the 1080Ti will keep up at the Normal FOV. But, with the imminent release of DCS optimization for VR, you *could* get the headroom you need for it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1