Fuel Dump Toggle Switch Behavior (stable build)

If i understand the following code correctly the fuel dump switch should turn on and off when assigned to a toggle switch on my HOTAS. Currently I have to turn the switch off then on again to to change the state of the switch in game.

{ down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, up = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch - ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

• ED Team

Hi,

do you have synchronise controls at start ticked in misc options?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

I cannot contribute to solving the issue, but I can confirm I see the same issue. I do also have the controls synchronised.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI B360M Bazooka | CPU i7 8700k @ 3.2 GHz | RAM 2x8GB GDDR4 @ 2400 MHz | GPU Gainward GeForce RTX 2070 Dual Fan | 256GB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: MSI Optix 24" LED Curved | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: A-10C | F-14 | F/A-18C | Spitfire | P-51D

If it happens with the pilot switch as well then I have the same issue. Odd thing is mine did not have an update between it working and not working. I did have to load a default key bindings file [the one that houses your assignments not the .lua that has the switch "code"] because I erased all of my bindings by accident [wrong clear button] My code is still correct down = 1 up = 0. Still no dice on how to fix it.

Update: Did some playing around, edited the up to 1.0 and the down to 0.0. Now the "spring loaded" feature is back, but backwards LOL. I also have two lines one acts like it has a syntex error, the other lets me bind stuff to it.

Update Update: I got the controls to work again. in the input/default.lua file copy the fuel dump command

{ down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, up = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch - ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

and rename it to 'Fuel Dump Switch On/Off Working' name doesnt really matter you just need another input to bind. Then go into the game and bind the new input.

Edited by D3adCy11nd3r

Ok, up on further testing here is what i have found for both the Fuel Dump(FD) and Launch Bar(LB) Switches. Both act as they should when the aircraft is powered down tested in the Cold and Dark instant action. Under power in the instant action mission Ready on the Ramp the FD acts as it should by mirroring the state of the switch. The LB acts as decribed in the original post for the FD. In instant action mission Free Flight the FD switch behaves as described in OP. The LB mirrors the state of the switch.

Looking at the clickabledata.lua these two switches as well as the APU and AV COOL switches are described as default_button2. the APU and AV COOL opperate correctly and mirror the state of the toggle switch.

I had the problem pop back up today, even after I had them working previously. My changes in the .lua are still accounted for but even the modified lines are now acting like the unmodified lines, so I am convinced there is a moving variable somewhere.. IDK where but it has to be in there. I am going to admit defeat because it almost drove me crazy to get a fix last time.

Any one finds something out let me know and I will try it.

Edited by D3adCy11nd3r

• 8 months later...

I have found a solution for this...

In clickabledata.lua change this :

elements["pnt_344"] = default_button2(_("Fuel Dump Switch, ON/OFF"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.DumpSw, 344, anim_speed_default)

to this :

elements["pnt_344"] = default_2_position_tumb(_("Fuel Dump Switch, ON/OFF"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.DumpSw, 344)

And for those who have a winwing Throttle or a two on position switch you can add these two lines in defalut.lua (for joystick)

{ down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch - ON'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

{ down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch - OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

The original fuel dump command is for a single pushbutton. Each time you press and release the button it cycles between ON and OFF.

The F/A-18 and other modules have lots of those.

For use with a 2-position ON/OFF switch (stable ON and stable OFF position) I added this line to the "default.lua":

{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, up = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

For use with a ON/OFF/ON switch (with spring return to OFF) which is effectively the same as a pair of push-buttons, this can be divided into separate ON and OFF commands with these two lines:

{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch ON'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},
{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  -1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

I have created a lot of commands with this approach, for most of the modules I own. This approach does not require any change in the "clickabledata.lua".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5