Countermeasures Questions

dores893

Does the current build support manual countermeasures programs? I was led to believe at this stage the jammer doesn't work and S/A and Auto do not work but Man does.

When I select a default manual program and save it with the dispense mode set to on, the dispense button will drop half of my countermeasures (no matter the program) when I press the countermeasure dispense switch.

When I select bypass and hit either the flare or chaff dispense buttons, it will drop everything (regardless of the manual's promise to only release one chaff or one flare).

How can I get my countermeasure programs to actually run? If it is not the dispense switch, then what switch is it? Is there a start and stop program switch? Shouldn't bypass just set you up to release a single flare or chaff?

Hopelessly confused.

Jimbo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Yes the current build supports manual countermeasures.

The dispense button is not the one on the Hotas, it is the one on the left wall of the cockpit. The two buttons you have to bind are the dispense switch - aft(flare)/center(off) and dispense switch - forward(chaff)/center(off). The chaff and flare in the brackets tell you what will be dropped by which button in bypass setting.

The aft will controll the selected manual programm (for example 1) and the fwd will controll the programm in front (5 if you have selected 1, 1 if you have selected 2...)

If your 1 programm is set up for 1 flair, 0 chaff, 5 repeat and 0,5 intervall, pressing the dispense switch aft once, will drop 5 flairs with 0,5 sec interval between them.

Zylon, thanks for directly answering my question. I just needed to bind a different button to start the manual program. One of my pet peeves of this century is having to watch a 20 minutes youtube video to gleen the 4 seconds of information that you need. I read a lot faster than youtube. :)

Zylon, thanks for directly answering my question. I just needed to bind a different button to start the manual program. One of my pet peeves of this century is having to watch a 20 minutes youtube video to gleen the 4 seconds of information that you need. I read a lot faster than youtube. :)

I also appreciate the direct answer. But I can't help but point out that you don't want to watch a whole YT video to get 4 seconds of information. You prefer someone else to take the time and write it all out rather that take four seconds to post a link to a video. The ones responding already have the info, why should they be the ones taking all the time to answer you when they can just point you to someone else that already has. It's a win for all involved. The person gets you to a place to get the correct info without having to take the time to explain it themselves, the person that took the time to create the video gets some more views for their effort, and you get the info you are looking for and maybe even some other info you weren't looking for.

Sorry, my pet peeve of the century is people who want everything handed to them.

Edited by Rennes

I also appreciate the direct answer. But I can't help but point out that you don't want to watch a whole YT video to get 4 seconds of information. You prefer someone else to take the time and write it all out rather that take four seconds to post a link to a video. The ones responding already have the info, why should they be the ones taking all the time to answer you when they can just point you to someone else that already has. It's a win for all involved. The person gets you to a place to get the correct info without having to take the time to explain it themselves, the person that took the time to create the video gets some more views for their effort, and you get the info you are looking for and maybe even some other info you weren't looking for.

Sorry, my pet peeve of the century is people who want everything handed to them.

Sorry if this is derailing the topic a bit but I really agree with OP here.

I don’t really feel this is asking for information to be handed to them. If I asked a question in writing I would appreciate a written answer - a link to such an answer _in writing_ would suffice. However this trend of packing all information into time consuming YouTube blabbering videos (to a large degree due to monetization) is ridiculous.

Besides, simple questions like this can be answered in a couple of lines, creating a good future reference for other people looking for this exact small piece of information. It really is annoying to find <insert random YouTube link> in all posts asking a question where the answer could be written in one or two lines.

For larger, complicated procedures I could be persuaded to see the benefit of posting an exhaustive YouTube/written tutorial.

An additional benefit of keeping these things in writing is the ability to add another post to correct obvious misinformation or changed behavior due to updates. Not many of the content creators takes down their old vids and updates them with new info. An old thread resurrected is easier to correct imho.

Intel i7-5820K @ 4GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 - VKB Gunfighter II - CH ProThrottle (modded with hall effect sensor) - CH Pro Pedals

Wants: DCS F-104G Starfighter

The slap switch (big red button above throttle) is the "oh crap moment" switch. Best used when the stuff has really hit the fan, problem being it dumps it all.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Sorry if this is derailing the topic a bit but I really agree with OP here.

I don’t really feel this is asking for information to be handed to them. If I asked a question in writing I would appreciate a written answer - a link to such an answer _in writing_ would suffice. However this trend of packing all information into time consuming YouTube blabbering videos (to a large degree due to monetization) is ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg