Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign info

Finally passed Jadgflieger campaign!

Some missions were absolutely amazing like

flight to England, D-Day and counter-strike after D-Day, I really enjoyed them.

Other missions were just good and enjoyable.

Overall briefings at the end were quite depressing (which is understandable given the situation). But I was little bit disappointed by campaign victory text. I expected something like epilogue for the character, instead text was quite generic and overly positive.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I sure hope the briefings were depressing, they were meant to. I've read several memoires of Luftwaffe pilots and the emotional state they had to fight in was terrible. I wanted my campaign to reflect these hardships of the war.

As for the victory text: I don't know if one can modify it. I always thought it was a generic text. Perhaps I'm wrong :)

• 7 months later...

Hi Reflected (alone or team!),

I just finished this campaign. One word: Amazing! 

I appreciate it very much. No bug, no problem to complete missions. Your idea: to take off and return to base alive to complete the mission is just perfect and so real.

I don't know if this is true, but I feel like my pilots' voices get depressed at the end of the campaing (last 3 missions). Well done!

My only regret (small, and you explained it, which is perfectly understandable): I prefer German dialogues (as in Horrido Campaign), because, I understand German quite well, as well as English, and a little (чуть-чуть) Russian. It's more immersive. But you did well: some words are sometimes in German. Well done too!

Great job guys!

Daniel

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad the depression and desperation came across, by 1944 Luftwaffe fighter pilots were under heavy pressure, fighting a war that was clearly gonna be lost. I wanted to reinforce this feeling with the background story too - did you read the snippets in the mission briefing pdf-s?

It was my first German campaign, and I thought I'd go for English voices with German accent, otherwise people who don't speak German (like me) would need to read the subtitles, so it would be easier this way. Then when I made Horrido I decided to go for German voices - more authentic, but one has to read a lot. In retrospect I also prefer the German voices, but Jagdflieger is going to remain like this 🙂

2 hours ago, Reflected said:

did you read the snippets in the mission briefing pdf-s?

Yes I did. Very interesting. And with the story you added about the pilot (player), his parents, aunt, etc... Is even a great idea.

I really experienced this campaign like a TV series.

Cheers

Daniel

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Hello Reflected,

Although I own this campaign for some time I finally encouraged myself and started it yesterday. I completed the first mission and I absolutely enjoyed it! I am using latest open beta (2.7.14.23966) and I had no issues at all. I was impressed by the weather settings in this mission - the Normady map looked gorgeous in this weather and time.
I am really bad at spotting enemies (allies also) but I tried to fly without labels. Once I joined the leader after take off I was fine and turned on the labels only one time for a second during the battle at the end of the mission (I killed one p-51 and than I was not able to spot anyone so I turned the labels on for a second and than got the second kill).
I am looking forward to mission 2 - everybody is talking about some bombers and I think it might be easier to spot them than fighters 🙂

Thank you Reflected! After I complete this campaign I will start Horrido! and I hope one day maybe we will have Dora campaign from you.

Short update. I started mission 2. After joining the formation it was bit tricky to climb with them but it is doable. I shot down one bomber during the headon pass and than I became stupid and ignored all those warnings to not to engage bombers from behind :D. So I got shot down and ejected and will replay the mission.

Unfortunately I have to take a break now because of I did another "mistake" - I should have ordered new gear from Virpil after the campaign... Now I have to wait till it arrives 🙂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Reflected,

I finished the campaign yesterday. Thank you - it was pure pleasure to play it. 
I am using latest open beta and I think that the whole campaign is bug free. Had just one issue with mission 2 and only one time (I replayed this mission like 5 times) - instead of climbing to 7000 m the whole formation climbed only to 5000 m.

And I am not sure if this is bug or feature (little cheat option for player). During mission 6 I was damaged and returning to base. My engine died above the sea and I was not able to reach the coastline so I hit esc and ended the mission and status said - "success". I was in similar situation during one of my tries of mission 2 except that I was able to reach the coastline and landed on ground - plane destroyed, pilot survived but after I ended the mission status was "draw". In other words - If I end the mission before hitting the ground it would be "success".

My favourite missions - 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 (very like that surprice at the end), 11 and 12.

I enjoyed every mission but those mentioned above totaly impressed me. In every mission I like how you set the weather/clouds and time - it looks really great!

Overall I definietly recommend this campaign for everyone.

Thank you and I am looking forward to try another campaign from you!  (probably Horrido! and or Beware Beware if it will be released today 🙂 )

Hey @Zykloned thanks so much for the feedback!

The climb issue is a DCS AI bug, it's getting very unreliable these days and sometimes does whatever it feels like - although it's told to climb to 7000...

The success/ draw thing...the way I set it up is that it's a success unless you die or get captured. Now DCS has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to crashlanding or ditching, sometimes the pilot counts as dead even when it should survive. I hope ED has something up their sleeves in that area. In the mission editor I only have the condition 'pilot dead' to play with.

Anyhow I'm happy you enjoyed it, 'Horrido!' would be a nice sequel to play after this one 🙂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Reflected

Finally I was able to start that amazing campain. Only flew the first two missions so far and I totally love it. The story and how beautiful and complete your missions are built is just on a complete other level. It really makes you feel beeing there in that time, nut just sitting in a plane an flying a mission.

To me your WWII campains are the best WWII simulation experience since decades and realy lift DCS up several levels. Without your campains I would have spent less money and significantly less hours in the sim.

Thank you very much for your efforts and making this possible. One day I will have flown every single of your campain.

But first this one to the end and will report once done

Thanks

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this campaign is so amazing.

I love the Eve heart on the plane, incredible detail, so cool.

I flew the first 7 missions now, and can't get enough of it. Have already bought Horrido, but not sure if I shall do one of the Spit campaigns before it

Thanks for the amazing work with these campaings

Cheers

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Komet_82 said:

Wow, this campaign is so amazing.

I love the Eve heart on the plane, incredible detail, so cool.

I flew the first 7 missions now, and can't get enough of it. Have already bought Horrido, but not sure if I shall do one of the Spit campaigns before it

Thanks for the amazing work with these campaings

Cheers

Thank you, I’m so glad you like it and appreciate the ‘Eva’ backround story 🙂

Oh yes, I do love every single detail you put in these missions, and that this heart is really painted on the plane is so cool.

Just survived mission 8 yesterday. Love it.

One shy question, is there beside Jagdflieger and Horrido another German campaing in your plannings? Would totally love that, what ever it will be😎

1 hour ago, Komet_82 said:

Oh yes, I do love every single detail you put in these missions, and that this heart is really painted on the plane is so cool.

Just survived mission 8 yesterday. Love it.

One shy question, is there beside Jagdflieger and Horrido another German campaing in your plannings? Would totally love that, what ever it will be😎

Not at the moment, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Just landed safe at the burning airfield

What a great campaign, many thanks for making this possible. I really loved it and could fly many more missions. Of course it would get worse for the German Pilots due to history.

I'm very looking forward in flying many more of your awesome WWII campaings.

Thanks for all your efforts, much appreciated

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...