3ds Max. I've been making some models.

DPS

I've been doing some GMax work over the summer and I fancy having a crack at some Lock On mods.

I've searched the forum for 3ds Max but I'm not get any results. Off the top of my head version 7 is the one LOMAC modders are using.

Before I waste any time and money trying to track down 3ds Max 7 is this the correct version - and does anyone know if it will be the same one for BS?

DPS.

IIRC files created with 3DSmax7 can be imported into 3DSmax8 but vice versa is a No Go!

In my company we worked on some bridge models few years ago, in fact, we had to elaborate entire project created by others and we received 3d model of that particular bridge that was created in max8. In our company we had max7 installed and files created with max8 were good 4 nothing!

Check here:

http://www.casopis-gradjevinar.hr/dokumenti/200207/4.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the info.

EscCtrl, if you want to give it a go you can get a trial version from Autodesk - I think.

You can get a free stripped-down version of of 3ds Max, called Gmax, from TurboSquid.com with lots of tutorials. I've been using a 3ds max text book to learn Gmax, and when it comes to building aeroplanes both application look like one and the same thing to me.

I built this in Gmax (looks better in black and white as I don't own Paint Shop Pro yet).

Natter_Screenshot.png

• Like 1