Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick?

Zulu111

As I begin my journey into DCS World I want to try a Beginners joystick to get to know what I want before I invest in a more costly HOTAS. I have received many suggestions to look at the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick as a choice. I did look at the online videos and generally they seem very positive. Be that as it may I wanted to ask if anyone here has used this joystick and if so how was the experience? I presume at this price point the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick doesn't have advanced features like magnetic sensors, high durability, etc but at the same time I would hope that it won't break apart in a few months. What say you please? Is there any issues I should be aware of?

I have 2 broken logitech 3d extreme. Both suffered exactly the same problem which is having erratic movements after only using for 3 months. The stick was great when it worked, very precise and comfortable. Based on my experience I cant recommend you getting the stick but you know 104th Maverick the leader of 104th virtual squad ? He's using this stick fine and he's one of the best pilots in DCS World and master of refueling in DCS. You can find his refueling tutorials on Youtube. So.... Its up to you.

Good luck.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

As I begin my journey into DCS World I want to try a Beginners joystick to get to know what I want before I invest in a more costly HOTAS. I have received many suggestions to look at the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick as a choice. I did look at the online videos and generally they seem very positive. Be that as it may I wanted to ask if anyone here has used this joystick and if so how was the experience? I presume at this price point the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick doesn't have advanced features like magnetic sensors, high durability, etc but at the same time I would hope that it won't break apart in a few months. What say you please? Is there any issues I should be aware of?

Is not Thrustmaster T16000M better option?

Prices usually vary a lot over the sellers and the world, for me there is an overlap, but I am far away from Canada.

But it has Hall sensor for main axes, durability in this price range is always subject to discussions. Bonus is that if you would like to spent another small sum of money, you can buy budget TWCS throttle made by same company using same control and programming software.

The Good ole Logitech Extreme 3d Pro is a great starter joystick, does the job well at a low price point. Mine has lasted 15 years no problems, but it may just be an anomaly :)

Interesting that hall sensor mod, I might dig my old faithful out and do it for gags :)

"Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way" (Gen. George Patton)

https://www.tekcreations.space

Yup I own one, first joystick I ever bought and it still works great! I used it earlier this year when I bought the Yak 52 module to zoom around in offline. 104th_Maverick (quote) "... I wouldn't change it for the World." (end quote) uses it as his daily flight stick. It still sells well online and in-store despite being over a decade old. I may have upgraded to a HOTAS Warthog but I'll never part with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It's come in very handy for other Sims too.

i7-8700K@ 4.9GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, 2TB HDD, Win10 Home, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog, Hornet Grip, Cougar MFDs, Monstertech desk mounts, VKB T.Rudders, Alienware 34" curved Ultrawide, PG & NTTR, F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, F-5E, Mi-8, SA342, UH-1H, Ka-50, L-39, Yak 52, Su-33, FC3.

It is cheap and not bad at all. Main problem is that its plastic innards will eventually give up, and during the process of that giving up it will become gradually more and more imprecise with erratic uncommanded inputs. My first one lasted something like 7 years, though the total time it was used was probably more like 3-4 years considering long periods of hiatus from sims.

T16000 is much more precise, but is also plasticky and more expensive. If you can afford though, T16000 is a better idea in my opinion.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script