Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

I wonder why only creators of Mi-28 use the freakin' brilliant cabin design. Small windows + close to the pilot's head = equal or greater FOV + greater front section rigidity.

Probably in acknowledgement that if you're being hit by something that isn't going to absolutely blow the aircraft out of the sky, you've already horribly screwed the pooch.

Probably in acknowledgement that if you're being hit by something that isn't going to absolutely blow the aircraft out of the sky, you've already horribly screwed the pooch.

Did I read it right that you negate the sense of stronger cockpit armor protection?

Did I read it right that you negate the sense of stronger cockpit armor protection?

It's only worthwhile to an extent. Eventually, you're adding weight, cramping the pilot (unergonomic,) etc. The best way to keep the pilot safe is for him to employ the aircraft in such a way as to not get shot at.

It's only worthwhile to an extent. Eventually, you're adding weight, cramping the pilot (unergonomic,) etc. The best way to keep the pilot safe is for him to employ the aircraft in such a way as to not get shot at.

You mean stay at home? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your logic is invalid. Even in case where "we don't need our cockpit that tough" design constraint is applied, the Mi-28 way (smaller window panes) still provide higher cockpit strength for a given mass, thus if you still insist on lightly (or not at all) armored cockpit, you get your cockpit lighter.

Similarly you don't say no to composites because "naah, I don't need my aircraft to be that resistant" ;)

PoAF 301 JAGUARS squad won tiger meets 2011 Silver tiger, best squadron and best Skit awards, so next year Monte real AB will host the event. I will be there. :)

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/air/actus-air/nato-tiger-meet-2011-la-soiree-de-cloture-video

248035_1904918954606_1590741479_31896217_3666628_n.jpg

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red