Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Super Galeb (Super Gull) G-4. More nice looking pictures from Niš open base day at Dimitrije Ostojic blog site.

Nis_open_08.jpg

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Boeing Laser Systems Destroy Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Tests

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., Nov. 18, 2009 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] in May demonstrated the ability of mobile laser weapon systems to perform a unique mission: track and destroy small unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

During the U.S. Air Force-sponsored tests at the Naval Air Warfare Center in China Lake, Calif., the Mobile Active Targeting Resource for Integrated eXperiments (MATRIX), which was developed by Boeing under contract to the Air Force Research Laboratory, used a single, high-brightness laser beam to shoot down five UAVs at various ranges. Laser Avenger, a Boeing-funded initiative, also shot down a UAV. Representatives of the Air Force and Army observed the tests.

more: http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=941

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EFA (bridge/raft that can be used alone as bridge as raft or as a large bridge joining several units to each others. can carry up to a Leclerc)

efa_01.jpg

Azur (Leclerc urban war version with infantry stuff behind and remote controlled day/night machine gun)

lelcercazurp3an0.jpg

Edit : forgot that very cool Rafale pic

rafale_01.jpg

Edited by jpm1

It is known that the chinese are capable of copying everything, and are doing so with different kind of military technology but to say stolen russian aircraft is a little too much. It is enough to look at J-10 to see that it is a fighter very different than Su-30 or Mig-29. Its avionics might be close to those aircraft but we can`t say that for sure. Info on these systems is not available to the public. We`ve seen its cockpit though and I wouldn`t say it`s copied from the russian planes. The engines - a lot of J-10s are equipped with russian engines, legitimately bought or build with license rights. In the future more of the J-10 will be equipped with chinese engines, probably mainly with WS-10A engines. This engine is not the first to be build by China so it can`t be said it`s stolen from Russia but one could ask himself where does the chinese experience of building engines come from. :) With so many generations of russian aircraft sold to or built in China it is not difficult to answer. Nonetheless WS-10A is a chinese project it is not 100% identical to AL-31 but shares certain similarities with it that at least make you... ;)

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my own personal update...lockheed is down to the last four f22's to be built. i will try really hard to get some pics here soon when it makes its test flight. i met 6 test pilots for the Raptor today...they are some pretty bad Ass guys. dont mind the typos either...my ps3 doesnt have a keyboard that doesnt suck.

Edited by hitman

There is a very interesting article in the latest AFM issue about a F-16 pliot being on exchange with Bulgarian AF MiG29 pilots and their WVR BFM trainings. You would be suprised what he said, so go out there and buy it :)

Yes I got it today :thumbup: