CCRP on INS waypoints

Anonymous User

Apologies if this has already been answered (I searched), but can weapons be released in CCRP onto a waypoint, i.e. is it possible to just designate a waypoint that is in the INS, vice diving and creating a designation?

Acknowledging the M2000C was obviously not designed with A-G as a priority, I'm curious if CAS is even viable.

Eg. JTAC requests bomb-on-coordinate GBU12 for ground terminal lasing, passes a grid/latlong...how can you drop the weapon on that position without creating a different designation in the dive? Obviously you can navigate to the point by creating a new INS waypoint, but without the ability to designate the waypoint itself it is somewhat limiting.

Waypoint bombing is possible in the M2000C. It's called BAD bombing IIRC. I'm not sure if it is working currently, or if there are any bugs in this mode atm.

One thing though: This mode is absolutly not intended for CAS! It's way too unprecise for close air support and it's also not intended to be used by creating waypoints on the fly (although technically possible). This mode is intended for strike missions on pre-planned static target positions.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

PI allows direct bombing of a point but that's offset from the primary waypoint. Bombing a waypoint directly isn't available. I've been thinking it would be possible to have a very, very tiny offset like 1m in X/Y which would allow LGB delivery onto point.

OK, I've tried it and it works but it's not so great because you need to overfly the BUT before PI will allow release. So if you have a tiny offset you have to fly over the "IP" once and then fly out and turn around to attack again. That does work but you have to approach twice.

For LGB delivery using PI it's probably best to actually set up a kind of PI run with some distance between PI and target. It's a little more effort but if you find the target position, pick a place ~5-10nm away and set up a rho-theta offset (or dx dy which is much more accurate but it's an LGB so close enough is close enough). You can do that on the fly.

Does the CCRP consent/release work these days? I.e. hold down the button and it drops it for you instead of trying to jab the button like CCIP?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Does the CCRP consent/release work these days? I.e. hold down the button and it drops it for you instead of trying to jab the button like CCIP?

Yep.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Yep.

Good to hear. I've mostly been holding of re-learning the m2k after they finish updating it, but that specific bug really pissed me off, not that the M2k is great strike aircraft, but what strike capability it does have should work IMO.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hadnt flown it for a while, so wasnt aware that hadnt worked.

But does now. I have been practicing Mk82 deliveries for a couple of evenings now, trying to find good approaches of designating target, and then of course keep it stable in roll for accuracy etc. Cant remember if the diamond designator was a little off in the past, but it is now. Dont designate with its center, use the lowest point, plus a pixel or two - actually handy, cause then you arent blocking the target.

Havent tried GBU-12's, so no idea on those.

Beluga's and Snakeeyes work fine with CCIP, and so does rockets and AG gun too (AG gun needs a little fiddle, doesnt select first time around it just goes into ACM modes).

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Not with PI bombing. The release button is hot and will release immediately when "wings" become visible.

I must not understand what Harlikwin asked then?

Not with PI bombing. The release button is hot and will release immediately when "wings" become visible.

So, just to be clear this is a bug right? Its basically working like CCIP, instead of CCRP.

It appears so. In CCRP-Direct the weapons are released only when release cue is centered while CCRP-PI does not restrict in this way. Reading the manual the restriction should apply to both.

If the goal is to attack coordinates directly without designating the ground then CCRP-Direct is not usable and CCRP-PI while complicated is the only option. Of course it's possible to CCRP-Direct coordinates by designating as close as possible to the nav-cross which had been placed by given coordinates.

I would want anyone attempting direct attack of coordinates by PI method be aware that the release consent is not working as it is in the Direct method.