Help for taxi and take off on carrier

ex81

Hi,

some of you may tink this request is stupid but I would like to have the following brought to DCS:

Taxi and take off from the carrier is pretty hard. To place the nosewheel directly behind the launchbar is only possible by using the F2 key and zooming in and out.

As long as we do not have any "human" help for this, I woild like to have something like a NOSE WHEEL CAMERA. Being able to see the position of that NW.

I don`t think that this would be cheating. Who helps Pilots in Real life to position correctly ?

From the cockpit perspectiv it is impossible to position the bird exactly.

What do you think ??

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

I think we don't need it because 2 main reasons for me.

1) You have a nice line (on the ground) next to the sled if you are at the front catapult that indicate you the perfect placement.

2) You don't have to perfectly place the nosewheel. I noticed if you drive too far, it will push you back. And you can drive quite a bit too far forward and it still works.

Already discussed, you do not need F2.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255671

You do not need an outside view to align on the cat.

For Cat 1, Put the nose on the center of the groove, roll slowly to the shoe, look out your right side for a reference point like the little hatch with the yellow caution marking and stop when your right shoulder is aligned with the aft end of it. This works every time for Cat 1. You can do the same thing with each Cat just find your reference point and train your eye.

You will get so good at it you will find yourself doing this perfectly and faster every time.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

...also, isn't that kind of what that 'supercarrier' module is all about?

Hopefully, it will address this.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10