New to Flight need help

Apache1028

Hello, my name is Apache my son turned me on to this game the sec I saw it, I was hooked I got a hornet and my flight stick and waiting for my VR but, I don't know how to fly, was wondering if there any squadrons that take new people like my self, or anyone who could teach me would be greatly appreciated.

There are virtual squadrons you can join, but typically you'll need to know the basics first. Fly the tutorials that came with the Hornet, fly them more than once, fly them as many times as you need to get familiar with all the systems and how to take off, land, navigate, etc. Remember the F18 (A10, F16, etc) are "study sim" level - highly realistic and require a significant investment in time to learn. The payoff will be understanding and being able to fly realistic aircraft in simulated combat scenarios. Read the manual, resolve any questions you have on how something works - be it weapons deployment, navigation or anything else. Post questions in the forums, watch training videos on YouTube. There is a lot to learn.

Hi, Apache. So, you want to fly the Hornet? It is a cool jet. Fairly easy, when you get the hang of it. But there are some concepts of flight that are helpful to understand about it, first, I think. Might seem overwhelming if you are really new to airplanes...never flown a real aircraft, never flown other flight simulators? You might want to start with the A-10A...not the A-10C, because I find its systems complicated. I have much more fun with the -A version. Very quick to get going and get flying with it. The A-10 Warthog flies more slowly than the Hornet, so easier for a new pilot, I think. The aircraft modules are on sale right now. You could get just the A-10A for $7.49. Might as well get Flaming Cliffs 3, for $25 though. It's a package of 7 aircraft modules that includes the A-10A, plus the F-15C, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S and Su-25...worth it, if you are interested in any of those other jets. I believe they all have simplified systems, though. Their 3D models are of good quality and detail but not all of the switches in the cockpit and systems work. Which is good if you just need to learn how to fly an airplane around the sky, first. The A-10A has plenty of different weapons to hang underneath the wing and the 30mm gatling gun, so it's a lot of fun to play around with, too.

Have you found someone to fly with online yet?

Andy

Always fly high enough to recover from 3 consecutive erros !

Learn to fly slow, the first edge of the envelope that really matters.

Practice LANDINGS - It's the most important maneuver in aviation :)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

There are virtual squadrons you can join, but typically you'll need to know the basics first. Fly the tutorials that came with the Hornet, fly them more than once, fly them as many times as you need to get familiar with all the systems and how to take off, land, navigate, etc. Remember the F18 (A10, F16, etc) are "study sim" level - highly realistic and require a significant investment in time to learn. The payoff will be understanding and being able to fly realistic aircraft in simulated combat scenarios. Read the manual, resolve any questions you have on how something works - be it weapons deployment, navigation or anything else. Post questions in the forums, watch training videos on YouTube. There is a lot to learn.

This!!!