Traping AoA.

lxsapper

So... I wanted to run something through people here.

The F-18 seems to me to be considerably harder to trap, in the sence that if you are not on speed on the correct AoA, it will fail to trap every time. The F-14 seems to be a lot more forgiving in this regard. How authentic do you think both actually are, compared to each other? Are they both authentic as in this are diferences the real planes had/have?

What say ye, DCS forum?

The carrier trap-model of the F-14 is "arcadish" you can trap a wire at 180kt or 100kt without on-speed AoA, there's also no hook skipping. ED's F-18 is much more realistic in that regard.

HB has been working on this since release, but it's going slow. Considering it's an Navy aircraft, this should have been fixed already.

HB whats the status of the "simple" trap-model?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

ED's model is nowhere more realistic. You can trap the hornet at any speeds as long as your gear and hook comes down. I've already made some 250+ Knots carrier landings.

You've checked if you flying in "Game flight mode"? Seriously? coz your statement just doesn't make any sense?

I've done & seen 1000s time more bolters with the F-18 then F-14. F-14 almost never bolters.

F-18 has be on AoA or you won't trap, even then you can have an hook-skip. ED's F-18 is praised by RL F-18C pilots for the very close trap behavior.

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.