IFF.... again....

Tripleinside

Hi,

I've read about the implementation of the IFF (great addition to DCS by the way), and even created a kneeboard page based on the Grim Reapers IFF tutorial (thanks to them)

However, my buddies flying in F-16s in the same coalition as me, still identify my aircraft as foe (while I see them as friends correctly, after using either mode 1 or 3A IFF)

Does this mean it is MANDATORY to execute the variable "MAGIC_IFF ON" in the mission in order for the other planes in the coalition to see the JF-17 as belonging to bluefor (for instance) ??

thanks

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

Yeah this sounds like a viper issue at the moment.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, I'm pretty leery of flying the viper online on PVP servers at this point. Only on blueflag when red greatly outnumbers blue so at least the odds of me shooting at enemies are higher.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Afaik the Viper datalink it's showing contacts hostile if they're received from friendly Hornet. Manual IFF works as intended for me.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Not always. No friendly hornets on blueflag. JF17/F16 vs F14/F18 at the moment.

Oh, ok then. I read in different thread it was Hornet doing that.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

It might well be true. But I don't think its necessarily the only possibility either. These were D/L link targets showing enemy, but were friendly.

VIPER is using M4 IFF so it won't give U a hostile Red return just as Jeff's M6 IFF.

IF U are looking at the DL, its current broken for viper and is a known issue for ED .

Ah that might explain it. And if its on the link in that case it shows hostile regardless of your own IFF?

Ah that might explain it. And if its on the link in that case it shows hostile regardless of your own IFF?
Manual IFF interrogation in Viper still works as intended, only DL contacts show as hostile. If you interrogate though, they will momentarily change (if they're friendly that is). If that was the question.
Edited by sirPecka

Manual IFF interrogation in Viper still works as intended, only DL contacts show as hostile. If you interrogate though, they will momentarily change (if they're friendly that is). If that was the question.

That was what I was unclear on. Like I said I haven't flown the viper lately, and that would explain my last team kill experience in it (I just relied on the D/L).