RWR and Sidearm help

CaptainBiscuit

Hi,

Sorry for the beginner question. I am new to DCS and the harrier module.

I am trying to get the hang of Sidearms and have set up some SAMs and AA in a custom mission.

However, the ECM screen does not show any contacts. I presume this means the enemy units aren't painting me with radar. I therefore cannot fire anything at them.

I have been following Redkite's tutorials and Grim Reapers but to no avail.

On the carrier landing mission, the Tarawa etc show up.

Not sure what I am missing here. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

Does the fact that the RWR switch skips past the "ON" setting and straight to "volume" have any relevance?

F18, A10C i/ii, AV8b

Reverb G1, i7 9700k, 3080, 32 gb, TM Warthog

Sorry, I should have mentioned I am using Chuck’s guide. I also downloaded a user made mission from the user files.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300511/?sphrase_id=11358029

The Sidearm seemed relatively simple with few steps so I am not sure why it’s not working.

F18, A10C i/ii, AV8b

Reverb G1, i7 9700k, 3080, 32 gb, TM Warthog

There is a training mission available for the Sidearm. I've never used that mission, but briefly, Sidearm won't work if there is no emmision.

It will detect the emmiter first from about 11 nm and then lock on. Then you can shoot.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

And remember, its not a HARM, so you need to be fairly close for it to actually hit.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

also RWR picks up Radar signals - so you need to setup a SAM configuration that will emit a radar/lock you up.

This might sound obvious, but for example, an enemy SA8 SAM site will track/lock you up ONLY if it has missiles it can fire, so even if the unit is 100% alive, but gone through all its ammo, it will no longer show up on your RWR as it isn't using its radar.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.