Remember about OH-58D Kiowa!

VMFA117_Poko

Well, depends on what info is needed, all of our training materials were unclassified.

Three aircraft for years... A-10, Ka-50 and -64A... I was hoping to see an ED F-16 because F4 is pretty much dead, it is not going anywhere.

Really?

The info might be available, then . . .

At the moment I only know what I've been told - AH-64A and A-10. I'm not privy to the decision-making process for which aircraft comes next ;)

The F-16 was mentioned as a possible future project, along with an advanced MiG-29 variant . . . but that was some time ago, long before the DCS announcement.

Having said that, the Project Temporarily Known As Tank Killers turned out to be very similar to what we know about DCS. So hey, maybe that plan is still alive :)

Isn't Fighter Ops planning to model the F-16, though?

I already have thought of this bird (and more to :joystick:). I would fly it to support AH-64. So if you will done it, done it to became flyable. I really hope that ED would do those helos and planes that we all want... But we are only in the pre beginning. So lets see what future hold for us.

Best regards to all.

Focha

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• 7 years later...
If you really saw, in real life, how very small the OH-58D Kiowa is, you would crap.. if you had to fly into battle with this small machine, but fast and agile... it looks much larger in pictures. it is freaking tiny...

:joystick:

Tiny aircraft=tiny target, that just mean we can get closer and fire more accurately.

Kiowa would be bloody great.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

Oh dude... I ''nearly'' got out of tune waiting for that one :D

images.jpg.768be75581a7b7565728ca43a922b1b7.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War