Uuuuaaaah..! I have started building now..!

Triggerhappy69

WHY CAN'T I GET THOSE B**#"5¤*/%RD ROTARY ENCODERS WORKING WITH THE BU0835A CARD..!

I'm running the encoder software, and have added diodes according to at least one mans oppinion of how it should be..!?

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd do an experiment with single cables just to see if there was a benefit from using them, oposed to the ribbon cable?

And I have to admitt that not only does it look a whole lot better, and is much easyer to modify. But it also looks a whole lot better..

.. did I mention it looks better..?

I agree with Trigger. The cables look much better instead of hard drive cables which look way to computerish.

WHY CAN'T I GET THOSE B**#"5¤*/%RD ROTARY ENCODERS WORKING WITH THE BU0835A CARD..!

I'm running the encoder software, and have added diodes according to at least one mans oppinion of how it should be..!?

I am afraid your only option is to forsake this project. Box everthing up and ship it to me to relieve yourself of this hassle ;)

lol fair enough, you're right it does look way better. I might try it your way - ribbon is such a PITA to duct.

Edited by ruprecht

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

lol fair enough, you're right it does look way better. I might try it your way - ribbon is such a PITA to duct.

I agree.. But the thing that really ticked me off with ribbon cables were that they are so thin.. Just a little to much bending, and I lost a connection.. :cry:

.. But most of all it's the look I like..! LMAO.. I need professional help..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, I just browsed 30 minutes through this thread. Looking amazing, what do you think your ETA is? As I saw you started in 2007. Much, much respect.

If you're ever going to do an Apache, let me know it, because I've never built one, but this inspired me for a future hobby.

Now, lets hope ED releases an Apache module after the A-10.

what do you think your ETA is?

Well..... eeeeeh... maybe.....? phhhhhuhhh...?

I have no clue..? I hope never to be honest..? Having to much fun building the thing.. And when it's done I'll have to give it to charity or something and start another one.?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trigger, have built your motor dirver board?

Hey Alex..

I just got home late last night to find that i'm still missing the parts I ordered (resistors, capasitors and stuff). I did get the Diodes, and a bigger breadboard for testing..? I'll give ELFA a call and ask what the holdup is?

Added: I gave them a call, and it turns out the package has been waiting for me at the postoffice all this time. I'm off now to pick it up..!

Edited by Triggerhappy69

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree.. But the thing that really ticked me off with ribbon cables were that they are so thin.. Just a little to much bending, and I lost a connection.. :cry:

.. But most of all it's the look I like..! LMAO.. I need professional help..

I don't think anybody can argue about you needing help... ;)

That is some very nice work there, Trigger! :thumbup: Soldering on those connectors with the pins so close together will severely test anyone's patience. :disgust:

Ribbon cable can indeed be fragile. The nice thing about it though is you can use good quality crimp on connectors and save yourself a lot of soldering hassles (at least on one end). And like many things, some ribbon cables are more robust than others...

Another way to go is to keep an eye out for bargains on pre-made cables of sufficient length. Cut the cable the appropriate point(s) along its length, and then you just have to strip back the cable on the cut end(s) and solder to your switches, etc. If you get cables with a male on one end and a matching female on the other, it can save you a LOT of soldering.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Well..... eeeeeh... maybe.....? phhhhhuhhh...?

I have no clue..? I hope never to be honest..? Having to much fun building the thing.. And when it's done I'll have to give it to charity or something and start another one.?

Trigger, you're killing me...

If having sufficient space is the issue, weatherize that enclosure, and hang it off of that elevated deck you had in an earlier picture... :D

Kind of similar to what this guy did with a mech pit inside his garage (but less gaudy):

http://www.simpits.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=144&start=0&S=53f644c8a9ffbe22d1070568242eb254

I bet your RC Helicopter flying neighbor would love it! ;)

And just think, eventually, you could have a KA-50, an A-10, a AH-64 and ... all hanging off your deck. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Kind of similar to what this guy did with a mech pit inside his garage (but less gaudy):

http://www.simpits.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=144&start=0&S=53f644c8a9ffbe22d1070568242eb254

I bet your RC Helicopter flying neighbor would love it! ;)

lol! The page got me! Actually I thought it was an ED209 from ROBOCOP at the first glance.

Trigger's been out for quite a while?:huh:

Your DB25 connectors have given me an idea for a matrix Trigger. I will post pictures if it works!!!

A matrix..? :huh:... Now you got my attention..! I'll be sitting here patiently waiting for your pictures mate..

Guess what I got today...!? Yes..! The components for the FFB amplifier units.. FINALLY..!:thumbup:

ffbamplifierparts.jpg

ffbamplifierparts11.jpg

.. dunno why I ordered these.. they should have been 10K Ohm..

ffbamplifierparts10.jpg

.. and these should have been 0,5 Ohm, not 0,1 Ohm..

ffbamplifierparts6.jpg

22nF capasitors

ffbamplifierparts4.jpg

100nF Capasitors

ffbamplifierparts3.jpg

fast switch diodes (BYW98 on the schematics)

ffbamplifierparts2.jpg

220nF capasitors

ffbamplifierparts1.jpg

'dunno what to do with these.. They should have been 15K Ohm, not 15 Ohm.:doh:

ffbamplifierparts8.jpg

A bigger breadboard for testing.

ffbamplifierparts5.jpg

and finally the créme de'la créme.. The L6203 Chip that hopefully will save the day..

So Alex..? Get on GMT+1 ASAP and let's fry some chips..! I've got replacement resistors for the ones I ordered wrong BTW..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And I'll have to come up with an idea of where to hide the controls for the LCD.. Maybe I'll operate it through 2mm holes on the front panels leftside? Or hide the buttons behind a hidden panel somewhere else? Ideas anyone?
Well I'm currently working on MFD displays for my F-16 Pit. Same problem here. I plan to have a double usage on a row of buttons

(which leaves the need for one switching button, on the MFD the contrast switch offers itself).

Normal Mode> ABRIS buttons (or MFD Buttons 1 to 5 in my case)

Display Mode> Display buttons

You will still need a multiplexer or switch IC to switch between modes. A CMOS 4016 IC might be the right thing.

Keep up the great work!

I was thinking the same, but then I rembered the KISS rule.. :music_whistling:

So here's what I did:

abris017.jpg

The LCD Control panel is attached to the backside of the Front Panel,

abris018.jpg

and 3x1,5mm machine screws rest on all the microswitches through holes in the front panel:

abris019.jpg

All the screws will be cut and filed down so they are (almost) flush with the front of the panel. After some fine grit sanding and a layer or two of dull paint you'll have a hard time even noticing they are there. The only thing that stand out is the IR reciever for the remote control (if I should be so lucky and remember where the H*LL I put it one day..!?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A gentleman never asks and a lady never tells.........:lol:

Now, enough hijackery.....

naaaw..! Highjack all you want guys.. I find your coments a lot more interesting than mine anyway.. :thumbup:

... and definatly a whole lot more funnier.. :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]