My F18 flying terrible please help.

mako77

I am brand new to DCS but sadly cannot get the plane to fly. For every scenerio except for a few training ones the plane flys like a brick on takeoff, and the stab goes to full up or full down after take off and the trim does not work. (see Ready on Ramp Instant Action track movie). Funny the plane still can fly straight and level which is impossible with a stab 23 degrees up. (see .jpeg) This leads me to think it is a recent bug. I can unplug my flight controls and it still happens flying from the keyboard. :cry: Any kind suggestions or help would be so appreciated. Its really looks like a great sim.

trim.thumb.jpg.dd311d41b1266adceccd6d834fe9d764.jpg

badtrim.trk

There certainly is no bug in the F-18 general flight model, we are all flying it hundreds of man-hours per day in this community.

This warrants digging deeper into your setup - do you have any controls double-bound? Do you have game mode enabled by accident?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

hi guys, I believe its something I am screwing up, (thanks razo+r) though in my defense instant action should work for a newbie. Shimmergloom I will check the game mode- that's sounds promising and I will see what controls double bound mean. I suspect that if I am flying only from the KB that is not an issue. You guys are awesome thank you!!!! ( It all happens even if I use Instant Action spawn in the air.)